Print Page | Close Window

An error occured

Printed From: openElement Website
Category:

openElement

Forum Name: Error Reports
Forum Description: Submit an error report for our technical support.
URL: https://forums.openelement.uk/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=450
Printed Date: Apr 19 2024 at 2:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: An error occured
Posted By: D.R Pistoh
Subject: An error occured
Date Posted: Aug 31 2015 at 8:27pm
I am new in using oe and have found it interesting.
I took almost 3days designing a website from a template but was so sad when I could not open the project.I decided to start it from scratch.
I have spent another 4 days working on my website just yesterday when I wanted to open the project so I could publish it this error message appeared:

Unable to open file;C:\Users\BlackmanAlice\appData\local\openelement\1.50.1\keys/471489d2-d3e2-4eb1-b445-9d25b27fa3f5.key
It may be damaged or corrupt.
Try restoring it from backup.
Dwtails:Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader.
Possible causes are invalid stream or object verion change between serialization and deserialization.

And when I press yes this appears

Failed to open SystemConfig(TripleDES not found)

Please help as I am confused and cant believe losing so much time I have dedicated into this project.
I have browsed error report forum topics and did not find any tread with a solution specific to my situation.

Many thanks in advance

-------------
Dr Pistoh

Replies:
Posted By: Dmit OE
Date Posted: Aug 31 2015 at 9:04pm
Hi,

Your project by itself is not affected, but there is a problem with crypting keys (that protect FTP your password and eventually some other things). They are not necessary to open the project (you can open it on any computer where OE is installed, without having those keys), but the error prevents openElement from running.

- Make a reserve copy of your project somewhere outside of your hard drive (USB key etc.).

- Run a test of your hard drive to check if there are bad clusters (maybe your hard drive is already falling apart, provoking these kinds of errors - you better find out as soon as you can)

- Uninstall OE then re-download the lates version end reinstall it. Try to open the project. 

Stay in touch on this issue (by the way I've never seen it happen before, after 7000 [edit: 8500 actually] replies in 4 years of supporting thousands of users in France and abroad).

Have a nice day
D

Posted By: D.R Pistoh
Date Posted: Sep 02 2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

Hi,

Your project by itself is not affected, but there is a problem with crypting keys (that protect FTP your password and eventually some other things). They are not necessary to open the project (you can open it on any computer where OE is installed, without having those keys), but the error prevents openElement from running.

- Make a reserve copy of your project somewhere outside of your hard drive (USB key etc.).

- Run a test of your hard drive to check if there are bad clusters (maybe your hard drive is already falling apart, provoking these kinds of errors - you better find out as soon as you can)

- Uninstall OE then re-download the lates version end reinstall it. Try to open the project. 

Stay in touch on this issue (by the way I've never seen it happen before, after 7000 [edit: 8500 actually] replies in 4 years of supporting thousands of users in France and abroad).

Have a nice day
D

Thank you very much

I did as you recommended I do and the problem was solved.

Thank you once again

-------------
Dr Pistoh

Posted By: Dmit OE
Date Posted: Sep 02 2015 at 9:44am
If it happens again, please let us know. Your hard drive had no errors? (If it had, you bettre change it, usually it goes down very fast after first bad clusters).

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net