BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update partially fails [Solved]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update partially fails [Solved]
    Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 6:27pm
I tried to launch the update executable to check if there is a new version. It correctly opens a windows saying I have the 1.56.4 and that there is a new update. I say "continue" and it shows an error trying to download 1.53.6 Latest version of oE......... how can it be possible?

Here a screenshot

http://www.bigfiles.it/f/8vsu3m

Note: someone of you could see an alert advising the site is bad... the image file comes from my computer and is totally safe, but I don't know if during move it can get something...

Edited by Bravo12 - Jan 20 2017 at 2:18pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 7:27pm
Hi,

The site may effectively be dangerous even if the file itself is safe (though the site can eventually infect it). Use Google Drive, it's safe and convenient.

1.56R4 is not set as official latest version for Windows, so there may be some issues when you are updating "automatically". We prefer to concentrate on making a new stable version where this problem won't appear anyway.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 8:07pm
So what do you suggest me to do? Uninstall the 1.56.4 and install the 1.53.6? To me the latest I have looks as stable...

Edited by Bravo12 - Jan 02 2017 at 8:09pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2017 at 2:48pm
If you already work with 1.56R4 you can certainly keep it. It is not less stable than 1.53R6, most of the problems come from migration - some projects may get minor errors on upgrade to 1.56R4.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic