BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Scripts for Your Website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive chart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benvanj1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interactive chart
    Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 8:46am
Hi people...

i am new to programming, I know a little, but it is scary... I need some help please: I am using a template which i have figured out as much as possible and I can do the basics( no problem) but what i need to do now has me stumped:

The idea behind the website is to upload(embed) links to curtain Youtube videos, and let my website visitors rate the videos, then for the ratings to create a top chart somewhere else on the page.

So my website is a one page and under the heading it is easy to insert the Youtube video... I have found a place where they give me the rating widget code for free: (so if any one want it here it is):
http://rating-widget.com
but when I enter the code into a code block the widget doesn't display correctly? how do I fix this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing is:
so obviously I will need a database to store the information to create the chart and I know that OE only works with SQlite... but I have no idea how, where and what... is there any information that I can read up on to learn a little more???

Thanks guys....
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 9:21am
Hi,

Yes it may not be easy for you, depending on how natural the programming is for you.

Concerning the widget: p[lease publish the website online and give the link, otherwise I can't know what's wrong.

Concerning databases: OE can work with any databases as long as you write the code. SQLite is the only engine that works with local webserver preview (F12), but you can put your project into a folder handled by a WAMP (ex. easyPHP) or do tests online. Then, for your task, you may try to write results into a text file, but anyway it requires coding.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 9:21am
P.S. For your purposes SQLite may suffice largely, like this you can test with OE preview
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic