BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Select Images in OE Freezes Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuncanBrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Select Images in OE Freezes Page
    Posted: Jun 26 2016 at 10:38pm
Hello,

First I want to say thanks for a great program I love it so far!

For the last few days I have been having a problem with pages with images. This problem did not occur when I first started using it. When I just click on one of the images the screen goes white and I can no longer modify the page. When I save the page it still saves, when I refresh the page it never stops loading. I can close the page and re-open it and then everything is fine until I click an image again.

When I delete all the images using the element explorer menu and put the images back in, it lets me use the page normally again for a little while.

My system: windows 10, no antivirus yet but I am considering adding Avast
My Pages with pictures: generally 3+ pictures in a "group of elements" , adding links to the picture. Used "Image" element not "image link" button because of resizing capabilities.

I can continue working slower but deleting and re-adding photos gets exhausting. Thanks for very much for your time any help is appreciated!

Duncan
OpenSource way of life.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2016 at 9:31am
Hi,

A strange problem. Make a reserve copy of the project (use Project->Other->Open the project folder) then try to reduce images you add (both size in pixel and compression) - images are in Files/Image subfolder. Also try to empty the Temp Windows folder just in case. If nothing works, wait till it starts to freeze, use Project->Other->Backup the project, find the resulting ZIP and send me via Google Drive, Dropbox or wetransfer.com (send the download link via a private message).
DuncanBrain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuncanBrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2016 at 12:16am
Okay will do, may take a few days. What do you think is a decent picture size for openElement to deal with easily? I also started getting in the habit of using the optimize feature in OE when adding new pictures.
OpenSource way of life.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2016 at 10:27am
It's more a question of size in pixels than optimized compression. Try to not use images bigger than 2000 x 1500, even smaller if you have problems of this kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic