BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website Hacked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website Hacked
    Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:03pm
My site was hacked and code was changed.  Now when I hover over a link it will not change colors.  They did this on several pages.  I don't know code and just want my links to change colors when you scroll over them.  How could someone make only some of the links not change colors?  I have tried to change the link styles but no luck.  Any ideas what might have been changed nad how I can change it back?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:35pm
Hi.

How can you know that the code was changed? It is possible that those links are just treated as "visited" by the browser - try to open the page in another browser and compare.

Please give the link to your page online and indicate what links to check.
help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:59pm
I assume because every other account I own has been messed with this week.  It's a vertical list of links that are white in color.  As you roll over the list of links from top to bottom they turn grey then back to white.  Visited link shows no change.  Only a block of about ten links in the middle of the list would not change.  This was on four different pages.  Have fixed it by removing the link and then turning it into a link again. 

Have you had issues with code being put into forms on a website that will change code on the website.  Am suspecting the form fields, but have no idea how the change was made on 4 pages without some access to the server
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 7:40am
It depends what you do with the info sent by forms and whether you allow sending attachments (in this case you must limit allowed file types otherwise you will be hacked very quickly).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic