BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Resizable pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thailand-deal.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resizable pages
    Posted: May 17 2016 at 5:21am
Dear Community,
I'm a new user of the open element, I'm impressed about the possibilities.
1 point I'm really struggeling right now. I created a new website under the name thailand-deal.com. I used one of the templates, nice design, all good!
For the real-estate pages I need to have a middle section which can be scrolled down, without overlapping the footer. So, I can add more information, pictures of houses and condominiums, but I haven't find a way to do it.
I worked before with dreamweaver and frames, but I'd like to finish it within openElement. I'm sure, there's an easy way, I'm just blind.
Can somebody point me to the right direction please?
Thank you so much.
Any comments regarding thailand-deal.com are very welcome as well.

Thanks
Thanks, Helmut
Thailand-deal.com
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 9:38am
Hi,

No it's not your fault in this case. You've chosen a badly conceived template which does nn't allow easy vertical resize. You can try another "old" template which allows it, then there's an old option in Page->Responsive menu to make the page adapt automatically to its content. Or you can try to go with Responsive01 template, which is harder to manipulate but it's more contemporary and it adapts to the content by itself.

I will understand if you get angry with those old templates. We must redo them all but we can never find enough time. With the latest version users can create and publish their own templates, free or paid, I hope there will be some fresh stuff.
Thailand-deal.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thailand-deal.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:12am
thank you very much for your reply, but that one hurts a lot. There's a lot of hard work in the pages already, the design looks really great by now and you're telling me, I need to change it....
Is there any chance to find a work around with the chosen template? This is a big time killer....

Hopefully Helmut
Thanks, Helmut
Thailand-deal.com
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:14am
Yes you can change the behavior of this template, it's mostly background image that needs to be reworked. It's not that long but it needs some knowledge. I will look into it and give instructions later today or tomorrow.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:40am
Go to the Base Layer (Basecalque) - menu Page -> double-click on the blue button in the middle to opoen it.

Select the page background (not an element), open Styles->Customize on the right, make sure the chosen Zone is "Main frame".

Delete the values of Max Height and Min Height. Into Width, put "auto" (without ""), this will make the content 100% width for now. This will allow setting a second full-width background image at the bottom.

Choose the Zone "Content", put "900px" into Width, and "auto" into External margins.

Save the layer.

Now go to your home page and check that you can change the content height - for this, click on the page between element to see the grey line separating the footer, and drag it down (if you start a new project without models, you will easily see how to do it, if you are lost).

Unlock locked elements to be able to move them.

Now if you need some dynamic content in the middle, give more details on how it should work.

The problem now is that the background image does not adapt to the height. If you preview in the browser (F12) and right-click on the background, the Inspect element, you will see that the image is WEFiles/Image/Skin/05975cd7.jpg.

You sholud edit it with any graphic editor (Paint, Photoshop etc.) to only leave the top red+black part, and save the bottom strip into another image(!). To find the image, use Project->Other->Open the project folder.

When the original image is edited and the strip is saved separately, go back to the Base Layer, select the page, in Styles-Customize select the Zone "Main Frame", and in Background set the strip image you've created with Horizontal Repetition and the predefined Position "Bottom-left". This should normally make the background look as before while adapting it to the page height.

If you fail some steps, publish the website and indicate where to look.

Edited by Dmit OE - May 17 2016 at 10:49am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 10:48am
P.S. On your pages (not the layer), you may need to delete the value in Styles->Customize->Width
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic