BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scientific research website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atisres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scientific research website
    Posted: Apr 22 2016 at 10:35am
Hi,

This is the first website I have created with OE. There is still some work to be done on it. It is for a project that we are currently working on, please check it out :)

The link is www.atisresearch.com

I have had trouble with the drop-down menu. For "The Project" and "Supporting this project" I would like the user to be able to click on these main headings and for it to direct them to a page where they may choose from the items listed in the drop-down menu, but only the submenus can be clicked on. Even when the main heading is linked to the correct page, as soon as the drop-down menu is added, it no longer functions as a link, only the submenus do. If anyone knows how to overcome this please let me know.

I added google translate to it, everything was originally written in English so I hope it translates well.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2016 at 10:48am
Hi.

You can handle the click yourself with a script. The IDs of the "Project" and "Supporting" link elements being WE72b20f8722 and WEd35cad5137, add a Code Block Source type Javascript with the code:

$(function(){

$('#WE72b20f8722').click(function(){ document.location.href = 'THE-PAGE-YOU-WANT-1.htm'; });

$('#WEd35cad5137').click(function(){ document.location.href = 'THE-PAGE-YOU-WANT-2.htm'; });

});

atisres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atisres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2016 at 6:16am

I tried adding the code block you suggested, to the base layer. When I previewed it, the link only worked once, then nothing would happen if I navigated to another page and clicked on it again. When I tried publishing it, a message popped up saying "Unable to publish a layer, operation cancelled'. If I deleted the code block that I just added and tried to publish again, the same message would pop up.

I am not very familiar with scripts, which probably doesn't help.

Any suggestion as to what is going wrong?

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2016 at 8:12am
The error message is no good. We should first find out why this error happens, it has nothing to do with scripts on the page normally. Try to restart Windows. If it does not help, in OE use Project->Other->Open the project folder to find your project's folder, close OE, copy everything from the project folder to another folder somewhere in My Documents (to be sure ther's no access problems), and try to open this copied project. If still nothing helps I will ask you to send me the project and explain how.

Once the layer problem is solved we will look into the rest; the best is if you republish the website online to see what happens.
atisres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atisres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 3:54pm
Hi, thanks for your response.

I tried restarting Windows, this did not help.
I copied the folder containing the project to a different location and opened it from the new location. This did not help either.
The problem only seems to be with the base layer.
When I closed the project using the close button, an error occurred, I sent the error report.

Shall I send you the project?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 8:11pm
Yes please. Use Dropbox or wetransfer.com and send the dowlonad link via a private message. To automatically zip the project folder, you can use Project->Other->Backup the project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic