BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot publish website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonFlamesMedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot publish website
    Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 4:07am
Hey, I bought the hosting for Dragonflamesmedia.com with GoDaddy due to OpenElement suggesting to do so. However, after designing the whole site, I try to publish it. My settings are:< id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
OpenElement 1.49 R6 
Preff.
   Server address: Dragonflamesmedia.com
   Username: (see notes)      Password: ***********
   URL address: http://www.dragonflamesmedia.com

Auto/port 21
   Upload

Mail

The username and password are the ones I use to log in, however, I read the instructions given in OE and contacted GoDaddy. They said the cPannel account is if I buy hosting from them, not just a domain

When I hit publish, my chosen options are:

The project

Complete

Post Export list

There's one page that I am working on, so I unclick that option  then hit submit

At SendSyncFiles, it stops and claims that the Internet connection was lost, or the address is wrong or the FTP server is wrong or something's up with my firewall.

I have been trying to find the answer everywhere. No dice.

Oh and my program is french
How may I serve you?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 8:56am
Hi,

I don't understand the part "if I buy hosting from them, not just a domain". To be able to publish something, you need to by a hosting - bying a domain alone won't get you anywhere, except reserve it for future use (for when you by a hosting). I'ts like if you by a street address without loaning the apartment itself - you can't move in in this case.

In general, it is easier to experiment with FileZilla until you find good parameters for FTP connection - then you can use the same parameters in OE. To publish with FileZilla, use Project->Export to folder.

Good day
D

P.S. If you buy the hosting, choose Linux server, not Windows
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 8:58am
P.S. GoDaddy is affiliated with openElement because it proved itself to be good and we receive a commission, but we have absolutely no influence on them and we cannot resolve technical issues on their end. However we will do our best to help you get it right.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 8:59am
P.P.S. Attention for uppercase letter in names (domain etc.), I think it should all be lower-case.

When you say your program is French, you mean openElement? You can change the language in the very top menu (one with small buttons), using the "gears" button in the middle.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 10:45am
You can try how many times you want but you'll be not able without a phisical space! Some friend of mine bolt a name domain and linked to a free space, so he has a complete web site without spending "lot of money", also if 30 euro/year is not a lot....
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 10:46am
I think he did buy the hosting, the question is, why GoDaddy says he didn't..
DragonFlamesMedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonFlamesMedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

I think he did buy the hosting, the question is, why GoDaddy says he didn't..

You give me too much credit. I know ads and such kind of marketing. This is my first website. To paraphrase you, I will be putting a house on the lot.I guess in that scenario, OE is like the modular Home Hutt.
How may I serve you?
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2015 at 11:59am
Well. if he purchased something, he should have also a receipt. and with that show to GoDaddy they are wrong and ask to instantly enable the account. It could be some delay from bank's operation... but surely what is important is to have the receipt which is the only evidence of the done transaction
DragonFlamesMedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonFlamesMedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2015 at 11:09pm
Apperantly I learned that hosting and making a website are two different things. I feel silly, but I am used to free websites, where you make and publish and get a domain... so I thought hosting was the making a website. < id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">

I bought the hosting, inserted the info and found another problem, So I got GoDaddy to check it out. 

There was an index.htm and index.html that was confusing the internet. taking the later out, I got my site published.
How may I serve you?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2015 at 11:14pm
There are free hostings you can find, but their functionality is limited. You can even create your own "hosting" but let's say it is not an activity for fragile persons..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic