BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Image positioning; semi-transparent background

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xa3phod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image positioning; semi-transparent background
    Posted: Mar 05 2015 at 4:50pm
Hi Folks,

Quick question. I am trying to put an image into my web site, but it always puts the image in the middle of the page when I preview, even though it is not in the middle in the actual program. Under properties, the position is on 'Absolute' and there is no way to change it. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Edited by Dmit OE - Mar 06 2015 at 3:59pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2015 at 11:37pm
Hi,

If this is an Image element, check in the Selection menu (on the top) or in the right-click context menu whether the Horisontal Centering is active. Otherwise, please give the link to your page online and indicate which image to check.

Good day
D
xa3phod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xa3phod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2015 at 3:46pm
Yes, that worked. It still not perfect. I wish I could literally position images on the screen and that's where they will be in the finished work. I find it hard to position text and images so that they all play nice together.

One more question: Is there a way to change the transparency of background colors? I would like to make my text more legible in reference to a background image, but when I put a color behind the text, its a solid color and therefore I can't see the background image.

Thanks again and great program!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2015 at 3:55pm
Normally (as WYSIWYG implies)you see elements where you place them. If it's not the case, the page should be analysed to see what makes the difference. If you need, give the link and the details so that we can see what's wrong.

Background: you have 3 options. 1) Put another element behind (a Frame for example), set itsbackground color, then make it half-transparent. 2) Creane a half-transparent PNG image and use it as background of your element. 3) In the Custom Classes property, add a class, for example "bg-transp", then add a Code Block (Source) type CSS position Header, with the code:

.bg-transp {
  background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); /* black 25% transparent */
}

reekjohns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reekjohns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 7:11am
In CSS, there is no property such as transparancy. But, you can achieve transparancy by inserting a pseudo element with regular opacity the exact size of the element behind it. The CSS3 property for transparent is opacity and it is a part of the W3C CSS3 recommendation.

div
{
  opacity: 0.6;
}

The opacity-level describes the transparency-level, it ranges from 0.0 to 1.0. The level 0.0 is completely transparent, 0.5 is 50% see-through and level 1.0 is not transparent. Opacity has a default initial value of 1 (100% opaque).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic