BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Screamer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphixv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screamer
    Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:53am
I have a new website under construction with openElement for my independent film Screamer.

It's pretty simple as I'm more of a graphic design guy and less of a web programmer but it seems to work ok, besides some missing files.   I went without a template to sort of clone the existing Wix flash site I'm leaving.

I like the fact that I can have it in different languages, although I'm sure the translation is funny.

The most headache for me has been the Contact page and form building.  It may not work correctly as I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks
WNM

WNM
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 12:59pm
Looks great, WNM!

I'd look at resizing some of the background images (in an img editing program) to fit the frame they're in. Some of them seem a bit cut off (pages TheFilm, Video, Contact).

But overall, great job. Congrats on your film and good luck. Let us know if you have any specific technical concerns.
graphixv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphixv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:03pm

Oh,  ha, those images which are cut off are actually my way of doing things abstract.   They are life size pieces of the film poster you see on the homepage.  I didn't want the images running under the text, making it harder to read although I could have darkened or blurred half the images easily enough.

But, thanks for your comments.  I can always go the other route if enough people like it that way or if they don't get my puzzle piece mentality....

Incidentally, I had a friend read the German version and he said it made little sense.  Go Figure.
I told him he would be in for a laugh.....

LOL

WNM
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 4:15pm
Shows how much I know! Anyhow, best of luck to you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic