BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BaseLayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BaseLayer
    Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 10:10pm
I have created a new page and applied a baselayer to it with a blue background and a single line text item. Using the styles I changed the background to another colour and then changed my mind. How do I apply the original blue background again. It doesn't work using the Baselayer icon on the ribbon. It does remove and replace the single line text and puts it back but does not alter the background colour. I suppose I could use the styles again but is this the correct way. Thanks
Mick
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 10:31pm
Hi,

The baselayer (and any other layer) are available in the Layers dropdown in the Site Explorer on the left of the Editing Pane. Double-click a Layer to open and edit it. Then, on any given page (Home Page, Contact.htm, anything.htm - also selectable from the Site Explorer), you may invoke the desired Layer so you have a graphical "base" to work from. To enable or disable a specific layer on a page, you click on the ribbon menu item "BaseLayer." 

It sounds like you overwrote the background color on the page and not on the layer. Try going to the Page (not layer) and clicking the Default button on the Background Color setting. Then, make sure the Layer in question has the correct background color. This should fix your problem.
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 10:47pm
That worked great. Thank you.
Mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic