BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem installing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem installing
    Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:25am
I have tried to install but the installer keeps hanging right at the last little bit. I am using Win 8.1. I got it to install once after about the 3rd attempt but it came up in French even though I had the setting to English. I couldn't change the language using the menu in the program so uninstalled the program and tried to re install but can't get past the last little bit now.
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:49am
Right click the installer and click run as administrator, and if that doesn't work then try doing that and right click and say run in compatibility mode.

hopefully that helps / fixes your problem
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:40am
We had an issue a few weeks ago with the language (defaulted to French), but the latest version available on the website should be fine. As Gorksmash said (and thank you by the way), you should be able to be install if you run the installer as an admin. Also, if you have a firewall, try suspending it for a few minutes while the program installs.
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:41pm
I have now managed to install the software, but it still comes up in French. I have downloaded the latest from the web site but still is the same.
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:52pm
Hi, from the main screen of the software, please try clicking on the gears icon in the quick access menu (small icons at the very top of the screen). Select Language and make sure it is set to English. Then restart the software. I am currently trying to reproduce your problem. Stay tuned!
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 5:05pm
Hi, the link on the website points to a problematic version. Please download from this link: http://download.openelement.com/openelement.exe

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry about any inconvenience!
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 6:52pm
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I have downloaded the file and it installed correctly with the language set to English. Now I will have a go with it.
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 7:34pm
Thanks for your patience. Goodness knows how many people tried and gave up. Please come back if you have any issues. 

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic