BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Image size in Horizontal Carousel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image size in Horizontal Carousel?
    Posted: Apr 18 2020 at 10:09pm
Hello,

I have been experimenting with the Horizontal image carousel thinking that I am going to put it on the homepage of my new website. I have it all set up and working on a test page and have figured out to change most of the parameters in the styles and properties editor, but I don't see an easy way to change the image size so the photos are larger and easier to see when they are viewed? It is easy to change the size of the "carousel box" in the styles editor, but the size of the photos does not get larger when they are actually displayed. How do I make the photos so they will display at a larger size?

Thank you,
Brent Bowman
Brent B
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2020 at 11:07pm
Brent B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2020 at 5:05am
Hi Hobby001, 

Thanks for the info, but I am not sure that you understood my question, or probably more likely, I may have misunderstood your answer? I have Gimp and Photo Shop and am at least somewhat experienced at resizing the images and reducing the file size, etc., so that part isn't a problem, the problem is that I want to make the images larger when they are displayed online in the horizontal image carousel. Probably something simple I am missing as usual, but the images are only like 88px in height when they are displayed in the image carousel on my web page?

Thank you,
Brent Bowman
Brent B
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2020 at 11:54am
It looks like you are using the old image carousel element, horizontal or vertical.  This was created before the requirement for responsive sites.

There are other solutions.  Elements created by OE users.

Do you have a sample of what you want?   Have you seen it on another site?  Where?

This link leads to the french forum user elements page https://forum.openelement.com/fr/forum_posts.asp?TID=22573&PID=149563

Edited by Hobby001 - Apr 19 2020 at 11:58am
Brent B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2020 at 6:23pm
Hi Hobby001,

Thanks for the info, looks like there are all kinds of cool things on the page you sent me, wish I could speak french. Looks like I might have to look around for a different solution.

Thanks again,
Brent Bowman
Brent B
Brent B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2020 at 8:37pm
Update on the image sizing on the horizontal image carousel. Today I opened up the project in open element and i can adjust the size that the images are displayed in on the webpage by adjusting the height and width of the carousel container as you would expect. I t must of been that everything was not saved properly when I created the carousel although I thought I had saved everything completely multiple times? Anyways the moral of the story is that if you are having problems with something you might try completely shutting down the software and reopening the project?

Now if I could just get the carousel to resize automatically so that it would be responsive, it would be perfect?

Thank you,
Brent Bowman
Brent B
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2020 at 9:51pm
I never had any success trying to do it.  This element is simply too old for responsiveness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic