BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Easy Fixed Position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy Fixed Position
    Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:38pm
Is there an easy way to make an element have a fixed position without having to make a css style based on it's ID? I see that under properties there is a Position: absolute but it is greyed out so I can't change it to anything else like float.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:50pm
Currently there's no way. You can add a Custom Class "positionFixed" to all elements that need to be fixed, then use CSS script in the base layer or in the page:

.positionFixed{position: fixed !important; }
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:53pm
ya, I tried that but it wasn't working with just the class name in the CSS file I had to use the element ID with it before it would apply.
I am trying to have a fixed element inside another so that when it scrolls the title text follows it down.
when I set it to fixed it sets it relative to the page, I thought you could set it relative to it's container as well.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:57pm
You need "!important" - that is.. important:) Otherwise, the CSS code that corresponds to ID has priority.
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 5:01pm
lol I'm smart.... thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic