BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Suggestion Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Features Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Features Ideas
    Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:14pm
Here are some features that would be nice to have in OE.

1 )able to select a local link to a file in the hierarchy (if it is not an .htm generated by OE it won't display it in the hierarchy) shown bellow.

2) CSS hints when typing. example: start typing "disp" and it would show you "display" and then the same thing for properties so you don't necessarily need to know all of them

3) Having the ability to use previous images when using an Image Link element. What happens now is that even if it is the same image you browse for it creates a new one with an unique ID. Since I have a sidebar menu that is all images, this means when the user goes to the next page they have to re-download the menu images even though they are the same. (i might just be not understanding what I should have done to make them the same though)

4) Make page style defaults easier to find, still not quite sure where to go to set the default font, color, ect.

5) when changing the color of the text allow the user to save custom color swatches.

(essentially right now if you click edit color, you can only pick from colors above. Let the user save an eyedropper color or custom html notation color #FFFFFF) otherwise everytime you want a custom color you have to paste in the #color part.

6) Ability to 'pick-box' select multiple elements at the same time (not a big deal)

7) holding shift while editing text should select text between last cursor to new position

hope these ideas are helpful. I just finished creating the first draft of my work website @ lccdicast.org and these are the things I thought of while creating it.

Edited by Gorksmash - Jan 14 2014 at 8:21pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 4:05pm
Hi, and thank you for suggestions.

Some comments:

>> 6) Ability to 'pick-box' select multiple elements at the same time
Did you try selecting (clicking) with the Ctrl key pressed? (I am not sure what you mean by "pick-box")

>>5) essentially right now if you click edit color, you can only pick from colors above
You can, for example, click the blue tube to activate storing color, then click Eyedropper to choose a color - next time you open the color dialog, that color will be stored. So you are not only limited to choosing predefined colors.

>>4)
To set page's color, you can simply click somewhere on the "Free" area to "select" the page body (called XBody in OE), then, in the Style menu above, set default color etc. You can also choose a specific zone other than Main Frame, for example Page Background.

First several suggestions are quite important, but it is possible that this has to wait as it requires certain deep changes and we are very short on time - we start working on the integrated SEO optimisation system. But they are in our To-Do list.

Good day
D

P.S. When editing styles, try to use Styles->Customize as much as possible (selecting necessary style zones when needed) rather than writing scripts; it helps to maintain integrity and benefit from OE updates.
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 4:46pm
I figured you were working on these things and as far as some of the interface quirks I am just not used to the software enough yet to be totally proficient.
>> 6) I currently use the ctrl+click to select multiple items but maybe if you hold shift or something (to avoid just selecting their container) you get the marching-ants selection box which selects everything inside the area, like in GIMP or photoshop select. The ctrl-click works great but sometimes I find myself just trying to select an area when there are a lot of elements that need to be moved.

>> 5) I just tried the color thing again in the beta version and it works with the eyedropper like I wanted, I didn't try it since upgrading from the stable version. It works as expected now, thanks :)
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 5:15pm
>>6)
I finally understand your confusion. To select elements inside a container, you should "lock" the container - like this you can use the rectangle selection tool, as for top-level elements.

Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 5:24pm
so locking a container does not lock the elements inside the container? useful, thanks!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 5:25pm
Exactly )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic