BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oE icon disappears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oE icon disappears
    Posted: Aug 05 2017 at 2:32pm
After a cleaning I found that the oE icon disappeared from my bar and desktop. The only I did, was as always a cleaning with Ccleaner, but it never did something wrong so I have to think there is somethinbg not working well. I tried to check also in the Program Files/openElement folder and I found also the application now is without icon, but still working. It is a nothing, but I use it to have quicker opening of the program.

Is it possible to reset only the icon? I also tried to find the oE icon somewhere in the folder, but there is nothing to do.
At present time I copied the icon up in this page and saved it as png so after I'll have to open and save it as ico but after giving sizes... I think oE application should use a dll with all icons there so when you need, you have only to open that one and set the right icon for your need...
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2017 at 8:03pm
Didn't the CCleaner warn you, that you are alone on your way if you perform it?
I propose to re-install the oE. And in the future to keep the fingers off that CCleaner.

Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 2:57am
It's not a problem with Ccleaner 'cause I use it from longtime and with this oE version too and works as it must.  It's a problem with oE 'cause after deleted the icon on the desktop, it deletes all other oE icons (only links to executables) and gives the windows default icon. The icon on the desktop is only a link to the executable and deleting it must not change all of the others regarding the program.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 9:37am
I had that strange situation about half a year before, too.
Copied from original post, probably it helps:

R8 > R9:

It installed nicely (I kept the version R8 during installation in parallel),
and it did a good job (still with blue frames around a selected element).
But the assignement to execute the programm by the file extension *.ope did not work.
I had to manipulate the registry, and to remove the R8 specs; and I restarted the system.
And then manually to search for the program -programs(86) ....- because it did not appear as a proposal.
Then it was assigned correctly.
Though, the icon in front of the *.ope file is very small.

I pulled the R9 off the openelement general home page.
I had the behaviour a few weeks before when the R9 was not officially released, but was downloadable.
At that time I reverted back to R8.

Never mind these very small dissonances (easy to fix), this is a VERY NICE TOOL.
Thank you for your work.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 6:32pm
I am using the oE version 1.57 R9 and it's working well. Only that problem happened deleting the icon manually from desktop. Ccleaner has nothing to do with it. I delted also the Gimp icon on desktop, and why didn't the same?
I don't like have many icons on my desk so sometimes I make some manual clean...

But the assignement to execute the programm by the file extension *.ope did not work.

I don't rememeber this, 'cause I moved the icon on my bar and it starts with only 1 click and usually I open a site inside the oE Panel

Anyway I fixed all and now I have the icon on the bar (as I need).
I prepared the icon 48x48 px with .ico extension. As the original executable doesn't accept it, I used the link in Menu --> All Programs --> oE excutable linked and changed icon to that one. It works fine also if it's not the original that came with Setup...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic