BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Suggestion Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Style fading frame ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Style fading frame ?
    Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 9:24pm
Is there any style which fades the surrounding of an image?
How to modify/create such a style.
I can handle it in solid states; no information required.
But how to fade the frame, the style ?

Like ist is displayed here ?

Also, one can see a 'floating colored' active button on the left selection menu.
How to create such style?

Edited by digizar - Apr 18 2017 at 9:25pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 9:31pm
In the example you gave the images are created with this effect - PNG with fade (e.g. in Photoshop with masks+gradients; I imagine there are online services that do the same). I am not aware of any way to do it for an arbtrary background. But if, for example, your page background is white, it is very easy - just use Styles->Customize->Shadow (at the bottom), use a big spread, white color, and "inset" type. This will create a kind of inner glow.

I don't know what you mean by fading the style. If you mean gradual "animated" transitions (like disappear or change color in half a second), you can add the following into Styles->Customize->Free Code (again, at the bottom):

transition: all 0.5s ease

This will make the browser to gradually change styles - background, position, shadow etc.

If you want to do something on mouse over: in Styles->Customize or in the top menu "Style zone: xxxx", choose the State "Mouseover" and modify its styles.

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 9:45pm
Thanks for the hint; I'll try my very best (even if my name is not James). Thumbs Up

No, the effects came with that other tool (WebEasy), where I could directly influence (CSS) the appearance of these objects. They called it 'Stencils'.
But they can not handle the templates; so I came to openElement. Which also fits my budget somehow better. LOL I'm retired since 2004.
My very first site was build with Kompozer, really a pita - but hey, it did and does the job, and it's damn fast and short in execution time.

Edited by digizar - Apr 18 2017 at 10:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic