BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Suggestion Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parameter, Styles, Listing Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parameter, Styles, Listing Settings
    Posted: Apr 16 2017 at 12:52pm
So far the mentioned settings are located on a fixed area, under the ...user... name.
I mean the 'Export to Folder' directory, and the other settings like 'styles'...
Those touch the System drive, which is in general not supposed to be a 'working' area.
Also, these entries would unnecessaryly be enclosed in any backup process.
Wouldn't it be a better idea, to leave those functions to be placed like the user selects? Outside of the system area?
Also, it would be easyer to clean/delete those areas manually, if they could be found on a particular location.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2017 at 3:28pm
Hi,

As far as I understand, you are concerned avout some files written to the system drive.

1) openElement behaves like other Windows applications in this respect

2) This allows to keep preferences when reinstalling or installing newer version - while the application folder is erazed, settings remain, which is usually a very good thing.

3) Export to Folder exports to MyDocuments I believe, so if you cahnge the location of My Documents folder in Windows, Export will go there as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic