BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Dynamic OE - Databases, etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Protect a page - Pack 50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protect a page - Pack 50
    Posted: Jan 26 2017 at 4:18pm
Hi,
I have created 2 new web pages and added pack 50 to them.  I then used the simplified automatic installation to add the other packs and pages needed to have a login area to see these two new pages.   The problem is I am now stuck.  I added my own details (as if I was signing up for access in preview mode), and my details were added to the database (I could see them), but that's as far as I got. I tried publishing the website, but not even the 'show user' element shows.

I then made some changes to my existing website, but when I published the site as the complete project, the changes don't show on the live website (Although they do on preview).

My questions - how do I get the packs to work & what do I need to do to see the publish changes on the live website?

Help needed.
Many thanks.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2017 at 7:58pm
Hi.

1) Usually you should first "install" the Packs and only then add Pack 50, though it may probably work as you have done.

2) I don't understand your description. Can you for example log in as Admin (using the password you've provided when installing the Packs)? Did you manage to add a user using the Add new user page? Did you log out of Admin account and try to log in to this new user's account?

3) When you publish your website, the database is not uploaded, to keep safe "live" data. So you will need to add users yourself. You will also need to open the "administration" page online (the one that contains the Pack 10), to initialize the system.
SarahG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2017 at 5:56pm
Hi I've decided to have another go at this.

I used the automatic install of the pack and then added the Pack 50 to relevant pages.

I've published everything, and the website looks how I imagined, taking me to the login page when I try to access pages with Pack 50 on.

My problem is logging in.  I can preview the new user page, and enter details which transfer to the database.  But returning to the live website those new user details don't give me access to the restricted pages.

It says they are wrong.  I've tried requesting a password reminder, but no email arrives.  I've tried logging in with the admin email and password but that doesn't work.  

I've obviously missed a stage somewhere - any suggestions please?

I want to be able to add my members to the database and then provide them with the details to enable them to log in (ie there will be no sign up option)

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2017 at 10:00pm
Hi.

If you want to add users yourself, you should disable user validation - it is in the parameters of the Pack 30 I think, find it on the top of the page "Add Account" and use Configure; on the last page of configuration wizard disable all validation options (by email and by admin). You will then have to protect the Add User page, but let's make this work somehow first.

If you are lost, start a new "training" project and experiment with Packs until you understand how they work. When you test locally, you receive no emails, but there's an emulation of the mailbox accessible if you double-click the blue strip on the top of the pages (it appears when you receive a mail). But in your scenario you won't need it. Be careful with the Admin password, enter something that you are sure to not forget or mistype (upper/lowercase counts).
SarahG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 5:28pm
Hi,
Thanks for the help.  I can get everything to work correctly when tested locally, but on the live website it tells me that the log in details are incorrect, and that the log in page is not secure.

Can you think what I am doing wrong?

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 11:46pm
Could you please give the link (URL) that demonstrates the error, or at least make a screenshot and upload it & give its URL?
SarahG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 3:08pm
It's on the website www.oxfordteddybearuniversity.co.uk 
If you hover on the About menu tab the pop up menu will take you to the log in page.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 8:21pm
Please send me via a private message al I need to test the problem - Admin password to log in (the one that works locally), address of administration page. And indicate which page shoudl be protected by the pack 50.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic