BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Dynamic OE - Databases, etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make user packs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djju1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make user packs
    Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 10:24pm
I want to know how to make user packs like installled packs by OE??
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2016 at 8:23am
Hi,

Making packs was never finished, the interface is not suitable for external users. You can use Ctrl+Shift+D to access the non-documented developer-only interface used to create them, but you won't be able to use it as it is, unfortunately.
djju1029 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djju1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2016 at 2:08pm
I can't access the non-documented developer-only interface by Ctrl+Shift+D.
Where do I have to press Ctrl+Shift+D in OE?
    General User Interface?
    Main Menu?
    The site explorer?
    Element Explorer?
    Editing pane?
    Element and Styles Menu?
    Quick Access Toolbar?

I did it in everywhere but I couldn't.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2016 at 3:09pm
On any element or on a page. But you should be on a PHP page (to set in the Page menu -> Server scripts
djju1029 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djju1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2016 at 6:28pm
Thank you, I got it.
It looks complicated but I will post the result after modifying.
It is French~ so, I have to learn French first....Big smile

By the way, is it a modification of php page, isn't it?
Not to make pack file (*.PK1 file such as 60---Element--Show-user-.pk1)?

Edited by djju1029 - Aug 03 2016 at 6:28pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2016 at 10:25am
To create a Pack from a page or selected elements, it's Ctrl+Shift+P (I believe).

I appreciate a lot your interest in the matter, and I really regret I never could have finished this part to make it available for users. There are too many things to be aware of to be able to clreate anything more or less complex. It was a lot of work and never enough time. We will see in the future.
djju1029 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djju1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2016 at 3:27pm
Dmit, I appreciate your kind feedback for my questions.

Please let me ask one more thing about user level.

#60: 'Show User' element in UserSpace01 has feature that can define access level to user such as 1, 5, and 10.
But there is no field in (#30: For 'New Account' page) but in (#40: For 'Edit Profile' page)

How can I put this field in 'New Account' page in order to set the level during registering?

Thank you!

DJ
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2016 at 4:15pm
The idea is that the one who creates his account cannot choose his level of access, it's up to administrator to do it.

You can if you wish make your own access control, for example use the "info" field to store the data you need (you can add a dropdown and put its value into the hidden "info" field using JavaScript) then, using the pack 70, get the value in the info field (again with JavaScript) and act accordingly. If you need to be sure that the page can't be opened at all (so JavaScript is no option), you can see the generated page source to find the code that writes the "info" value, and use it in your own PHP code block... It gets a little complicated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic