BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changing .html code on index page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Booverley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booverley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing .html code on index page
    Posted: Jul 19 2016 at 3:33pm
Thanks so much for this. I have made a whole new web and discarded the old one. The ftp publishing is still not working through OE on the new site but I think it is to do with my hosting company (Afrihost). They told me yesterday that they have had problems with people uploading via OE to their servers. But I used Core and it is perfect!! So thanks again and I LOVE Open Element. Big smile
Booverley
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2016 at 2:20pm
Hi,

OE never generates .htmL pages, only .htm or .php. Please 1) use Project->Export to folder and check what your index page is (there are several files like index.css, index(var).js, but you need to see if it's index.htm or index.php.

Now, often hosting providers generate an empty page index.html to be deleted manually - use FileZilla to do it, and then this same FileZilla to upload the result of Export to Folder. Then you can try again to make the publishing work. What exactly is the problem with publishing?
Booverley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booverley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2016 at 1:08pm
I have not been able to get my web site to upload using the ftp on open element. Maybe because I have Windows 10, but in trying to solve this I SOMEHOW changed my index page to index.html.css (or whatever) but the .html. is in all the index pages. Now I can't find how to change it back to what it was before!!! Any suggestions? I was using in the past (don't shout at me) Frontpage 2003 and have just started with OE. It is fantastic so far and am loving it but am having a problem with my index page. I managed to upload using Core ftp but the site doesn't read property at all because of the index page problem. Please help someone.
Booverley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic