BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> User Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Publish To Web with sftp [Solved]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Publish To Web with sftp [Solved]
    Posted: Jul 13 2016 at 6:08am
Hi,

If I use Filezilla to publish my website. Is it possible to other people to see my website with another browser?

Thank You very much.....
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2016 at 1:29pm
Hi,

Strange question. FileZilla has nothing to do with browsers. You use Project -> Export to Folder, then publish the result with FileZilla to your hosting server (which you need to have), and that's all.
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2016 at 3:52am
Oh. My bad..
Sorry for troubling you with weird question.

But, Thank you very much.

:)
Lerato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lerato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2017 at 9:10am
I have created my website, on publish i see folders loading however site does not appear on there. Is there something I need to configure?
My current Config - 
Server Address : www.talitakum.org
Username:talitaku Password:********
Address:www.talitakum.org
Default Directory: /www Port: 21
Upload Folder: Upload
Type: SMTP
Port: 25
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2017 at 10:59am
I'd recommend to use the ftp server,
of course, you use your name.
ftp.talitakum.org

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

Hi, Strange question. FileZilla has nothing to do with browsers. You use Project -> Export to Folder, then publish the result with FileZilla to your hosting server (which you need to have), and that's all.
If you don't want to transfer the long unused files, create a filter for filezilla.
Saves a lot of transfer time, and for the browsers they are not required anyway.
But occasionally you should backup your project, since these files are needed by openelement,
and you really don't want them to be lost in space.

Edited by digizar - Jun 05 2017 at 11:15am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2017 at 11:59am
You should use FileZilla do delete the file index.html (not index.htm which comes from OE) on the server. This direct link works:
http://www.talitakum.org/index.htm
MTMals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2018 at 11:05pm
These are important nuances to uploading or publishing a page or project to the server. From this I get that the OE index ending is htm and html.  If an existing site has been using the index.html and the upload has placed an index.htm in the file manager list, What should be done to make the new design appear? (assuming the relevant support files have been uploaded along with the index.htm)  
Mike
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 7:43am
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2018 at 10:12pm
Adding my commento too... for what I know the oE-Ftpis a direct ftp that allows the user to arrange the site and publish it quickly and direclty. This is (I think) the best way for those working online (as it happens with Word Press).

FtpZilla (I use this) is a client program used to help peoples in downloading/uploading sites (and other too). The thing you must know is:
your username (something as 12345@nameprovider.xxx) and password are those provided by your service and the port that in default mode is 21. Other datas can be left as default if you don't need a particular set. From the (your) left panel find where is the "folder_Upload" on your computer; the other side of the Zilla panel is there for the time you will go on the server (you'll see appear the root and the site). Keep in mind that also FileZilla is not difficult to use; use it as it could be the resource explorer in windows..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic