BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0oseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grids
    Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 4:12am
I see the "grid" button in the ribbon menu but it doesn't appear to do anything and I searched the wiki but there wasn't any coverage for" grid".

What I'm looking for is a grid or lines overlay to assist in placing and lining up elements.

Is this what the "grid button " is intended for - if so how do i get it to show ?
thanks
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 8:47am
The grid does exactly what you're looking for, only it is not visible. You can specify the increments of the grid (default is 10px) and elements will snap to the nearest such increment. This is useful for aligning elements with one another.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 1:38pm
If you really need to see the grid, the "manual workaround" is to create an image with a grid.
For example, you want to display a grid 10x10 (default grid in OE). Create an image (with Microsoft Paint or any other tool) 10x10px, and draw 2 lintes - one at its left border, another at the top. Then use this image as a background for the page's Style Zone "Upper Content", or "Main Frame".
0oseven View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0oseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 10:43am
OK thanks - now I know exactly what it is I can make it work for me. Also the other workaround is a useful idea - but I think movable marker lines, Horizontal and Vertical, would also be a good feature in which case  rulers would be useful too.
Cheers 
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 11:12am
You can always suggest / vote for it in the Contribute to Development above Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic