BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open links in new window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KALEB2443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open links in new window
    Posted: Feb 21 2016 at 7:29pm
when i click on an image link or text link i want it to open in a new window.    ex. "_blank".  i cannot find an option in the system for this item.  

Edited by Dmit OE - Feb 22 2016 at 9:24am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2016 at 9:23am
Hi,

In the link configuration there's a "Target" option (in the other tab I believe, there are several tabs on the top of the configuration form), you can choose it there.
roblsnead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roblsnead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 12:15am
I could not find any target option for the links anywhere without changing them before I upload my site!  Also how can you use the target option if the program does not let you define a given name for the iframe, look at the source it is not linked to the program!  I am about to use another editor this one seems pointless to do simple iframe targeting from links!  This program is missing basic functions required to do standard iframe functions in my point of view!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 4:14pm
Is this what you fail to find (attention to the tabs on the top)?

http://dmit.izihost.com/temp/ss/link-another-window.png

Concerning "given name to the iframe" etc., I am not sure what you are looking for. If you want to open different pages in an iframe on clicking different elements on the page, it's rather simple to do.
If for example you have one iframe on the page (element External page or added manually with a Visual Code Block), and 2 elements of any kind to be clicked, add for the element 1 Properties->Custom Classes "button1" (without "") and for the element 2 "button2", then add a Code Block Source type Javascript:

$(function(){
  $('.button1').click(function(){ $('iframe').attr('src', 'http://site.com/page1.html'); });
  $('.button2').click(function(){ $('iframe').attr('src', 'http://site.com/page2.html'); });
});

Any newcomer can do it in 2 minutes following these instructions, I think.

Edited by Dmit OE - Apr 04 2016 at 4:14pm
roblsnead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roblsnead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 7:02pm
Okay, let me start over!  If you are familiar with iframe-sets?!, then this should be easy to understand where I am coming from.  On my page I have 3 external iframes, I have an iframe on the top for the banner/logo, on the bottom half, I have separated into two sections.  On the left side iframe I have a menu, on the right side I have the body/main page!  I am trying to click on a link from the menu page and target the destination onto the body/main page.  The code you provided does not allow that, only to link to the iframe it is in, not any other iframe.  I know that if you define a name for the iframe and use the target option common in all links(not sure why it is not an option?), you can accomplish this!  Like I said originally there are common features most designer web sites offer that this one misses such as a simple link, name and target feature for iframes!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 8:17pm
If you need to specify the name, use Code Block Visual instead of the integrated External page element, and write the iframe tag the way you need, like here for example:

http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/HTMLGuide/iframes3.htm

You can then set size, position (and style though it's probably useless) to each Block.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 8:23pm
P.S. The target attribute on links is not freely editable, but it can be relatively easy achieved with jQuery. Put Custom Class "iframe1" onto all links targetting iframe 1, "iframe2" to those targetting iframe 2 etc. Then, the Code Block Source type Javascript:

$(function(){
  $('.iframe1  a').attr('name', 'name_of_your_iframe_1');
  $('.iframe2  a').attr('name', 'name_of_your_iframe_2');
  // etc.
});

OE doesn't have - and does not try to have, as it evolves all the time anyway - integrated options for all possible needs, but it usually lets to add a bit of code where needed while keeping the layout visually editable.
roblsnead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roblsnead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 9:02pm
I'm good!  I have moved on something better! I will be searching for a WYSIWYG editor that suits more of my needs.  OpenElement is not for me!  Thanks for the help!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2016 at 9:31pm
OE is certainly not for everyone and/or every project. Good webbuilding
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic