BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Banner cookies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banner cookies
    Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 12:20am
Hello. I need to add to my website the banner for the cookies according to the new European rules about cookies. How can I do it in openelement? Thank you
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 8:59am
You can find a script on the Web and isert it into Code Block (Source type HTML for what goes into <head>, and Visual for what goes into <body>)
Flavio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 1:59pm
Excuse-me but I'm not a informacian, I'm not prepared to work in html language, so I have fear to make some disaster if I operate directly on the source code. Isn't there any method to operate visually in open element, without operating directly in the html code? I saw that there is the element "banner page", but it doesn't seems to be the banner I need (that is, like in all website to accomplish cookies directives, a small text that appears when you open the page). Thank you
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 2:20pm
You don't need to operate directly on the code, the Code Block element provides you a small "window" to insert your code into.

Just go here

https://silktide.com/tools/cookie-consent/download/

- Choose in the first section how you want your banner to appear (ex. 1st image corresponds to a banner on the top), click Continue

- In the next section, give a complete link (URL) to your page with the cookie policy where you explain why your cookies are good and not bad and so on. You probably may omit this if you don't have such page.

- In the third section, copy all the code they provide into a Code Block (Source) type HTML(!!!!) position Header, as is. Example:

<!-- Begin Cookie Consent plugin by Silktide - http://silktide.com/cookieconsent -->
<script type="text/javascript">
    window.cookieconsent_options = {"message":"This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website","dismiss":"Got it!","learnMore":"More info","link":null,"theme":"dark-top"};
</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/cookieconsent2/1.0.9/cookieconsent.min.js"></script>
<!-- End Cookie Consent plugin -->

That's all, you can ignore other sections.
martynripley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martynripley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2019 at 6:22am
A website can easily know about your interest through cookies, they will just track and target your interest to enhance the experience on their site. Generate cookie policy tailored specifically for your website and business in minutes with our easy to use wizard to comply with GDPR and EU cookie law.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by martynripley martynripley wrote:

A website can easily know about your interest through cookies, they will just track and target your interest to enhance the experience on their site. Generate cookie policy tailored specifically for your website and business in minutes with our easy to use wizard to comply with GDPR and EU cookie law.

Link doesn't work
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic