BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

?Known problem with AOL email??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2016 at 7:48pm
FatCow is the hosting site for the website atulocal1342.org from which I am using an Open Element website development system. Specifically the Email Send form.

I successfully sent an email msg from my fatcow site email address administrator@atulocal1342.org to local1342@aol.com.

Just another piece of info to help solve.

Thx
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2016 at 9:23pm
Try to put  administrator@atulocal1342.org as Sender Address in the Send Email configuration.

You still didn't tell (or I didn't understand) whether you managed to receive the "OE" mail into any mailbox other than AOL (ex. the fatcow one).
dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2016 at 11:45pm
regarding 1/9 suggestion to code php email code

i stopped coding over 20 years ago using cobol, assembler, c,  c++ - php was growing in mkt and i never got into it nor js. Do not really want to start coding again.

FatCow has examined the message source w/header of a email msg sent successfully to a non-aol address. They requested WESendMail-v29.php to examine and will send.  They said they were going to try examine trace, etc.

dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 2:27pm
Update

When attempting to execute SMTP sendmail processes after send button click and receiving the error stating basically no connection i examined the WESendMailv-29.php file in the site server directory and there were concatenated strings of Notice: Warning: and Fatal error: messages of which the Fatal error message referred to attempt opening openElement.php and was unable to do so, implying it did not exist but it does. il or SendMail i do not know.

here is the contents of the file. it may make sense to you. IF you want the other files referenced, let me know.

wesendmailv-29.php server directory

Notice: Undefined index: WESendMailID in

/hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 44 Notice:

Undefined index: PagePath in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-

v29.php on line 45 Notice: Undefined index: Culture in

/hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 46 Notice:

Undefined index: RelativePath in

/hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 47 Notice:

Undefined index: OEVersion in

/hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 48 Warning:

require_once(../../(var).php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

/hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61 Fatal error:

require_once(): Failed opening required '../../(var).php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in

/hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61

anyway, thought this might generate some new thoughts at your end.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

DThomas
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 4:09pm
If you called this script directly, those errors are normal, there are URL parameters missing (as well as POST data)
dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 11:09pm
New info after analyzing log.

in file WESendMail-v29.php there are errors processing as follows:

The were two errors line 61

failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61

and

Failed opening required '../../(var).php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61

I believe it is the require_once line.

//Chemin des donnéees de la page
$PageVarPhp = "../../".$PagePath."(var).php";

require_once $PageVarPhp;

The starting directory is redirected from the oringinal (actual Apache root) to /oe/. I do not know if this would affect the directory structure build in the code.

Same File. There were same 4 errors  one each lines 44, 45, 46 and 47

Notice: Undefined index: WESendMailID in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 44

These 4 may resolve when I correct the mail server url in the SMPT configuration.

Please let me know what you need from me to address this problem.

Thanks much...

DThomas

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 10:39am
One should not analyse WESendMail.php directly, it must be called from a website page, with URL parameters and POST data from user-filled fields.

If messages arrive to non-AOL mailboxes (do they?), it means that the script (WESendMail) works, no  need to analyse it. However, one can indeed analyse the message headers, because normally AOL filters by that + by the message origin (server that sends the message).
dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2016 at 1:02am
ON 1/12/16 i posted the following and it isn't there so i am re-posting.
It is informational at the least and probably something that may help point to a php code error?

The file still exists named "Contact(var).php" that it was looking for at the time the error message was generated.

thx, DThomas

message follows:

1/12/16

6.08pm

posted reply on OE forum:

New info after analyzing log.

in file WESendMail-v29.php there are errors processing SMTP send email as follows:

The were two errors line 61

failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61

and

Failed opening required '../../(var).php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61

I believe it is the require_once line.

require_once $PageVarPhp;

The starting directory is redirected from the original (actual Apache root) to /oe/. I do not know if this would affect the directory structure build in the code.

Same File. There were same 4 errors  one each lines 44, 45, 46 and 47

Notice: Undefined index: WESendMailID in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 44

These 4 may resolve when I correct the mail server url in the SMPT configuration.

Please let me know what you need from me to address this problem.

Thanks much...

DThomas

dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2016 at 1:34am
Dmit OE,

My apologies. In my haste i overlooked your response to the prior post i though was missing,
Mea Culpa.

Your response is helpful. I understand about analyzing a php file in that it is different during execution as variable values are determined and the logic is based  upon those values.

The AOL email recipient does not receive the msg nor is it in her junk or spam folder.

The error information i provided was generated by my hosting system (fatcow) during the attempt to send and smtp msg using the Email Form element. What i provided is not how the file data actually looked. To eliminate the possibility of me misreading the log i have pasted it below delimited by my added line of ============.

I examined the php file to ascertain what the line 61 and prior code looked like. Hence, i suggested and provided the following from WESendMailv-29.php file. I remain suspicious of the syntax to build the directory and file name or there is a problem with the fact that the website is a subordinate directory to the root in the Apache server in which the url atulocal1342.org is redirected to the subordinate directory /oe/. Unlikely the var $PagePath was not built via system retrieve request. However, because this code is used in thousands of sites i fail to see any error. I have to depend upon you and fatcow support to help. AOL support is indifferent and not helpful. I have ascertained as best i could that teh ip address of the sending email svc reuptatin with AOL is GOOD and not blacklisted.

Hope this helps...

DThoms

Snippet of prior message.

"I believe it is the require_once line.

require_once $PageVarPhp"

Snippet of prior message END..

Thanks very much for your help.

=============================

Notice: Undefined index: WESendMailID in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 44 Notice: Undefined index: PagePath in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 45 Notice: Undefined index: Culture in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 46 Notice: Undefined index: RelativePath in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 47 Notice: Undefined index: OEVersion in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 48 Warning: require_once(../../(var).php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../../(var).php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b265/moo.atulocal1342org/oe/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v29.php on line 61

=============================
dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2016 at 2:14am
Email sent to non AOL recipients is received ok. I get no reply to msg.

Ponder this:

This website i am using email form to send the failed msg was Front Page prior 2016 and the email to the same AOL account worked (from the same hosting service).

Why would it not work when developed in OE hosted on  the same server in the same website? Being able to identify any possible reasons will  help tremendously.

DThomas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic