BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OE 150 R4 Unresponsive afer initialization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OE 150 R4 Unresponsive afer initialization
    Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 8:23pm
I have been using 1.5.0 R 4 in WIN 7 since about Sept 2015. Since then, occasionally OE will be unresponsive as if stalled or locked up immediately after initializing and opening a existing project. I only have one project so I do not know if it is unique to the project. I cannot find any conflicting program. I have disabled my anti virus software to no avail. I have to use the system Task Manager to terminate the process for OE and OE Guide. The task manager shows both OE applications running but no CPU usage. I have waited over 20 minutes thinking it may need to complete initialization or another system function to complete running. However, viewing in the Task Manager does not show another system service or application dominating CPU, nor does it show high network activity. After terminating the OE processes I usually restart the system after which OE does not always init ok. Many times it still initializes and is unresponsive.

The work around or solution is unknown to me and i do not know what do do. Your help is appreciated.

DThomas

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 11:01pm
Hi.

Please try to install the latest beta version, choosing to KEEP older versions of openElement rather than deleting them. Once installed, right-click its shortcut and use Run as administrator.

http://download.openelement.com/openElement_1_51R1_beta2.exe

Copy your project folder and open it in the new version. If problem persists, try creating another project and open it.

When you run OE without projects (clicking the OE shortcut rather than a project file) does it stall as well?
dthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 3:34am
DMIT OE,

Thx for the quick reply. I have always started OE by dbl clkng icon in a folder on the desktop. (folder contains icon links to prior and current version of OE) I did not compare if problem exists when opening OE via clicking a project file.

I am leery to try the Beta version because it is Beta for a reason and as of now, this is a tolerable  problem. It usually will initialize ok after shutting down the computer and power it back on. Whereas, usually, if not always, OE will experience the "stall/freeze" symptom after just recycling the system.

I will see if the problem happens when initializing OE via opening OE project file. It may take a while for the problem to appear as it is not happening every time.

Thanks again,

DThomas
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 11:39am
Ok thank you for these clarifications.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic