BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Checkbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkbox
    Posted: Dec 18 2015 at 6:51am
Hello,
today I have a new question.
I am reading a set of data from a file and going to display these values in the data entry fields of my form. One of these is a checkbox and I don't find the way to check/uncheck the box according to the data of my file. How can I do this? Is there any method like it is for the value field of a textual entry field when setting "<?php echo '$variable'; ?> into the value field?

Tks, William3
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2015 at 12:29pm
Hi,

You can't directly put PHP into the field, but you can use jQuery to apply values generated by PHP. For example, put into Properties->Custom Classes "php-checkbox1" for a checkbox (without ""), "php-text1" for a text field, then add a Code Block (Source) type Javasript position Header with something like:

$(function() { // on page structure loaded

var phpYesNo = <?php echo $variable ? 'true' : 'false'; ?>; // transform to true or false
  var phpText = <?php echo $variableText; ?>; // text value - write as is

$('.php-checkbox1  input').prop('checked', phpYesNo);
  $('.php-text1  input').val(phpText);

});
william3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2015 at 7:10am
Again, 
thank you for your help,  perfect. The longer I am using oE the more I like it. It seems to finally have a solution for every scenario

William3
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2015 at 9:35am
It allows a lot of manual intervention in case of need, so for a professional nearly all is possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic