BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

User Manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User Manual
    Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 8:38pm
Is there a user manual for this program.  I know it is free but I feel there should be some kind of help for the user.  I am trying to create a second page for my web site and want to put the company's name in the same location has on the home page but can not find out how!!!  All the reviews said this is the HTML (WYSIWYG) for beginner and I agree if all you want is a one page website.  Can any one help this newbie??

Thanks in advance...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 8:58pm
Hi,

1) openElement is a professional tool intuitive enough for even nonexperienced users to find their way, but nothing new and complex comes without effort.

2) Our Wiki is our manual, strongly recommended. Also, starting a project.with a model helps to understand certain key things. For example, in your case it's best to put your logo etc. onto a Base Layer, and «inherit» pages from this layer.

There are tutorial videos too, but I am not sure they are translated from French to English.

Good evening
D
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 9:44pm
Hi Little Guy,

As Dmit says, the Wiki (http://wiki.openelement.com/en) serves as our user manual. There is an in-depth explanation of every nook and cranny of openElement.

One of openElement's great features is the ability to compose Layers that can be inherited on different pages. That means that whatever you put on the layer (logo, header, navigation buttons, etc) will appear on every single page that that layer is "invoked" on.

By the way, are you working from a template or from scratch?

Thank you and happy web building.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all, the community is here to help!

Good luck!
0oseven View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0oseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 11:58pm
I would like to say I have found the wiki content very useful and fairly easy to understand.

I would love a pdf version for download though !

But regarding "help" in addition to the wiki - are there plans to provide video tutorials with english narrative ?

cheers
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 2:49am
Hi 0oseven,

Thank you for downloading and welcome to the forum!

We are planning a new series of video tutorials to coincide with an upcoming release.

Thank you for your suggestions. Hope you're getting the most out of the software.

Best,

Chris

cahyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cahyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2015 at 9:29am
how to connect OpenElement to mysql or other db?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2015 at 9:39am
Originally posted by cahyo cahyo wrote:

how to connect OpenElement to mysql or other db?

Hi.

Please create a new subject. Consult the forum and the Wiki on Code Blocks, you can use Source PHP blocks or Visual blocks with <?php .... ?> insertions to include your code. 

Look at the Packs (on the right), they use databases as well. To configure what database they use, look for Database item in the Site Explorer on the left.
dtecsystems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtecsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 3:06pm
am new with open element .how do i create responsive(mobile friendly website)if some one can give detailed explanation,even on my email dtec.systems@yahoo.com
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 4:57pm
I recommend starting with the template presented here: http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=841&title=new-elements-and-new-template-using-them

We didn't yet have time to translate it to English, but you can see things and use it as a basis
Silent001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 10:02am

I will agree that is not the easiest or most user friendly program but after you figure it out you come to see that it is the most powerful program there is. It is actually designed for multiple pages because there is a feature called layer that allows for the same layout over multiple pages.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic