BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opening template?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngarkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening template?
    Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 12:51am
Hi,
Ok I've downloaded a couple of templates. One in OE and the other outside of OE. However I end up with a blank site ... any clues?

I'm on Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit.

Thanks.

Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 2:47am
Hi ngarkat.  Thanks for downloading openElement and welcome to the forum!

Could you tell me a bit more about the problem you're having?  Are you able to download a website template from the website?  But it won't open in oE?  How about from within openElement?  Are you able to create a new project and select a template from there?
ngarkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngarkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 1:04am
As I previously reported I've tried to utilise a template outside of Open Element and inside of Open Element.

The templates don't seem to contain anything??
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 2:15am
Hi ngarkat.  I've alerted the development team about a possible bug when downloading the templates externally.  But it should work internally.

If you click on New Project, Choose Template, select a template, click "Start Working with Template", and then Create Project, it should start a new project with the template you selected.

Can you list the steps you took in selecting a template from within the software?  And can you describe what happens when you try to use a template?  (Is it blank?  Do any files appear in the Site Manager?) 

Thank you.

Chris
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 10:01am
Hi Ngarkat.

Your report is rather worrisome. We don't manage to reproduce this error, with either of 2 methods. What templates (at least 1 example) did you try? What is your exact version of openElement?

Sincerely
D
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 10:06am
P.S. Where did you install openElement (what folder, drive, is it internal / external / network), same question for your project location? It may in theory be linked to the problem of write access denial (by Windows) during downloading a model..
raze.condition View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raze.condition Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:20pm
Same here. 
  1. I do: New project -> choose another template -> start working with template.
  2. OpenElement shows me the 'Blank Template'. Whatever choice I made is disregarded.

W7/64
Default browser: Chrome. 

Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 2:53pm
Hi raze.condition,

We'll try to get this resolved for you.  Did you install the application in the default location or did you choose a different folder?  Have you ever been able to open a template or does this happen every time?  

I have the same configuration and haven't been able to replicate your problem.  Will keep looking into it.  If there's any other pertinent info you can provide, please do so.  We'll get this sorted out.
dfelippa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfelippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:34pm
Hello, I had the same problem here and was able solve it:
I was using a proxy server. Disabling the proxy allowed the template to load normally.
Nontheless the proxy was not blocking the site. I'm able to navigate through it and download it normally
mackey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2019 at 3:07pm
I have design my website by using templates but that was not  look good, I am thinking to outsource my next website. I think https://uaewebsitedevelopment.com/ecommerce-plans-packages-dubai-uae/ I will get good offer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic