BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pack UserSpace01 #50: Protect a page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george_ogden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pack UserSpace01 #50: Protect a page
    Posted: Oct 04 2015 at 11:44pm
G'd evening,

I seem to have a problem with the pack UserSpace01 #50: Protect a page (for any page)

I created several "public" pages and also a few protected pages with level 1 access thus linking them to "Pack 20 - for 'Login' page (PK1)".

All these seem to work OK ... however... I then created an access Level 5 page requiring "Advanced access" to be granted by the Admin.

Unfortunately despite the Admin granting "Advanced" level access to a user the user is bounced back to the login page with the error message saying "Advanced level is required to access the page".

The Admin can access them OK so it appears that either I'm missing something or there is a bugette.

I do hope that I don't have to reinstall #20 as I spent most of the day configuring it....

Regards, George

Edited by george_ogden - Oct 04 2015 at 11:46pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2015 at 8:47am
Hi,

Please try the level 4. I think there's an error in the parameter comment.

Have a nice day
D
george_ogden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george_ogden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2015 at 9:55am
Hi Dmit,

Thanks for that. I've tested and level 4 works OK.

I now know that 1, 4 and 10 work... to help me save time and reduce the testing scenarios I will need to go through....

Can you tell me if there other levels I can use as I will need at least one more; probably two......

1 = All users - public access
4 = Subscribed users - level 1 + extended level of access
? = Content Creator - level 4 + use of forms to input data
? = Content Manager - level ? + controls to edit and publish data
10 = Admin - full rights

Or will this, I guess it will, be fixed in a future release?

Thanks.

Regards, George

Edited by george_ogden - Oct 05 2015 at 9:55am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2015 at 10:08am
The interface does not handle more levels, but you can set them manually in the database, or even write a script that gets the user ID from the URL parameter in the Edit Profile page (when you are logged as Admin and edit someone's profile), and call a PHP script to modify the access level. If you need this, I can look into it and give the code, just not at the moment.

Packs need improvements, are not hugely popular and while eCommerce (waited by many) is not finished, we cannot spend any significant amount of time on them..
george_ogden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george_ogden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2015 at 10:25am
Thanks,

I quite understand - no problem.

Good luck with ecommerce.

Regards, George
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic