BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Email Form

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email Form
    Posted: Aug 06 2015 at 5:44pm
Hi Everyone..

Been trying to create a email form - but cant get-it to work at all..
Maybe someone can help?

I have setup the elements (from the form menu) without any problems on the page but I haven't yet set them to hidden.

Then pulled the email form (from the form menu) on the page and started the setup - 
entered the details and all the fields (elements) from the above and press finished 

Can anyone tell me what is happening? the only thing is that I have found is
under "None Vis elements" is the mail form which is listed - what I am to do next?? 

Is there anything I can read to get this sorted? 

thanks
Martin..

thanks and regards
Martin...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2015 at 7:51pm
Hi,

Do you have a (submit) button among your form elements?

Try to preview the page (F12) and click on the button. Normally you should see a message about this functionnality not working with local previews, it means that at least a part of your setup is Ok.

You need to publish your website online to really test the sending.

In any case, please publish your website somewhere and give the link here, so tha twe can check what's wrong.

Good day
D
TCMichaels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCMichaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:00am
I am also having this problem. I have 2 forms on the site, one is part of the OE template, the other I created. When testing locally all of the rules for the fields work, when clicking "Submit" I get the error does not work on local server etc.. But when I load it online nothing works, not the field rules nor the submit button. The website is www.jimchessermsf.org and the forms are on the Tournament page, and Contact page.

I am quite lost right now chasing my tail. Any help would be fantastic.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:08am
Hi,

Apparently you did not publish your website correctly, as many files are missing. If you uploaded the project folder directly, it's an error. Use either Project->Publish, or Project->Export to folder + FileZilla to upload manually.

Have a nice day
D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCMichaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:29am
I simply clicked the "Publish" button in OE. Is that the wrong way to do it?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:32am
Have you already published this project before, anywhere else? Try to redo and choose "Complete" instead of "Differential" in the publishing options.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCMichaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:52am
That seams to have fixed it! Fantastic, I really appreciate the help.

The upload box displayed during publishing said "0 errors" and "0 Failed Transfers". However after it closed I got a message that there were errors. Clicked to see them and got a log of the FTP session. I don't see the errors that it is talking about.

Thank you so much for your help. If I have more problems I will return and bug you some more. :)

Michael
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:54am
Weird, the error message.. Let us know if more issues emerge.
corsair08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsair08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2018 at 1:06pm
I am also having problems with the email form. I think I have configured everything correctly apart from the fact that my email client requires authentification for SMTP, but I cannot see an option for this in the form or project settings.
I did try some of the other options, such as Mail, but they do not have any settings to configure that I can see and do not work.
I have exported to a folder then uploaded using Filezilla, but when I try to send a message through the contact form I get the following error:

An error occurred during sending. The message has not been sent.

error02 - SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2018 at 9:16pm
Go to the top menu Project->Preferences->Publish and find the SMTP configuration form on the bottom under the FTP connection parameters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic