BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ask help for SEO [Solved]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 1:52pm
Google can (as before) construct the map of your website using links on the home page, and on the pages referenced by those links. Then, for example, if your site is multilingual, Google wants to know what pages correspond to the same content in several languages, and this it can't detect itself. 

Then, noone knows (and it may change all the time) whether and how much Google penalizes for the absence of the sitemap file (sitemap.xml). Imagine you create a website for a night club in Miami, you do it properly, and Google treats it well, though there's no sitemap.xml. There will be several hundreds of other websites for other night clubs in Miami, and among them, 10-20 clean websites, which will obtain the same "score" from Google. Except they additionally have the sitemap. Thus, if your website gets the score of 10001 (very high) and those 10-20 sites the score of 10002 or higher (just 0.01% better), its THOSE websites that will be on the first pages in Google, and only 1-2% of people will look far enough to find yours.

Sometimes it does not matter, sometimes it does.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 2:10pm
Look. For my satisfaction to know how much I'm able to use oE, I made copy of the linked site up told on my pc. I gave http://www.namesite.cm as link for every page and saved. During save it asked me again the same thing. Why if now I included compelte path of every page? ?cause i pretneds that I use his Ftp client, and when I clicked the button, it takes me to compile the entire form for the ftp. This is an error... It should not pretend so.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 2:30pm
openElement acts very simply. It looks whether the Publishing preferences are filled; if they are not, it means that the website URL is not specified, which means that the sitemap cannot be generated automatically, which provokes the warning. It has been done like this many years ago, when the situation with hosting providers was different, we prefer to not touch this part as there are many urgent tasks to do. To not have the warning, all you need to do is to fill the FTP parameters with ANYTHING (it does NOT need to really exist) just to be able to specify the website URL.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 2:39pm
I knew there is a workarond to fix this... Now I go to try. I don't close this post yet. I wait till I have positive job done.

Thanks again Dmit! ;-)

Edited by Bravo12 - Jun 24 2015 at 2:40pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 2:40pm
It's the same workaround I proposed yesterday:

Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

What's needed in this case is the website URL. You can specify any, even nonexistent, FTP parameters, just make sure that the website URL is correct.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 5:32pm
I'll try later and let you know
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 5:56pm
It seems o. I did as you told and this time cosing pages and project hasn't shown the alert.

I think I can close this post.

Again, thanks for your help, Dmit!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic