BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

openElement R6 won't start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardomon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: openElement R6 won't start
    Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 3:46pm
Noooooo!

OE locked up when I was applying changes to an embedded document.  I had to kill it with Task Manager.  Now it won't start.  It hangs at "Loading element: WECounter" with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

If I reinstall, will I lose everything that I've been working on for the last 4 weeks or will my existing projects remain intact?

I could never get back-up/restore site online to work properly, so I can't get it to restore to my other computer.

In addition, "Export to folder" (zip file) doesn't import to another machine properly.  It's missing all of the graphics.

Am I screwed?

Thanks,
WardoMon
I haven't coded in 15 years. Has anything changed?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 3:50pm
Hi,

1) To import to another machine, you should simply copy the project folder. Export to folder is to publish the site online (it does not include any OE-specific data).

2) You will not lose your work if you reinstall. The risk is that it may not help. If you are still unable to load your project, please find it (the project folder), ZIP the folder, and send me via a private message by Dropbox or wetransfer.com.

Good day
D
wardomon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardomon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 4:14pm
Sweet!  Reinstall worked!

Now to try the folder copy on another box.  I'd rather use my computer than my wife's.  Though my chair is more comfortable, but I can't see the TV.

Thanks!
WardoMon
I haven't coded in 15 years. Has anything changed?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic