BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to edit a file without OE adding html

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v0ynich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to edit a file without OE adding html
    Posted: Jun 17 2015 at 8:15pm
Hello,

How can I edit a text (using code block or not) without OE adding html code to it?

In other words, I want a .php file without any html on it, how can I do it? (I've already set it as a Php script in "server scripts" and code block type "php" but it still adds html code which is visible by clicking "all code")

Thank you
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2015 at 9:45pm
Hi.

Like when adding third-party scripts, you add your PHP script written elsewhere (I prefer Notepad++), it does not need to be made in OE if you don't want OE-generated code in it. The recommended location is Files/Other, as all files in it are automatically published; otherwise you need to upload it yourself.

Good day
D
step8601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote step8601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 5:09pm
i'm new to OE

are you saying that you cannot edit a file directly?

i'm a text editor user accustomed to full access to all code but looking to try a dreamweaver alternative

thanks
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 8:26pm
You cannot edit the totality of the HTML code openElement generates - OE is not an HTML editor, it's a website editor/generator; but, if you click the Source button, you can insert and modify your pieces (Blocks) of code, as well as use external scripts. Overall, when accustomed to, openElement gives a lot of freedom while maintaining advantages of "controlled content"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic