BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R6 and FTP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R6 and FTP
    Posted: Jun 09 2015 at 4:02am
I just updated to R6 and it broke FTP. I know it works fine because I was using R3, updated my project published it via FTP. After closing I updated to R6 and now it no longer publishes to the FTP!

Error:
230 User logged in.
PWD
257 "/ram" is current directory.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (76,97,226,117,33,21).
STOR hostGetParam.php
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection.
425 The network connection was aborted by the local system. 
An error occurred while reading from or writing to the data channel.
FtpException : An error occurred during the execution of a command sequence. See the InnerException property for details.
   at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommandSequence.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.DoExecuteCommand(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel, BaseFtpCommand command)
   at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.DoSendMultipleFiles(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel, SendMultipleFilesFtpCommandSequence sequence)
   at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.SendMultipleFiles(String localFileMask, Boolean recursive, Boolean recreateFolderStructure)
   at SyncFTP.Main.SendSyncFiles()
   at SyncFTP.Main.SyncFiles()
Disconnected from server
QUIT
500 Command not understood.
An error occurred during the execution of a command sequence. See the InnerException property for details.

And it just keeps doing this in a loop. What happened with R6?

Edited by Dmit OE - Jun 24 2015 at 7:25pm
RBoy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2015 at 4:04am
If this helps, I had to DISABLE the proxy passive router option for it to work (the server is on a LAN). Maybe the dev's want to look into it. It worked fine with it enabled in R3
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2015 at 9:34am
Hi.

The thing is, R3 had a bug which prevented the FTP utility from loading the configuration file (always or in certain cases, I'm not sure). Thus, in your particular case, it worked as the mode was always "active" whatever the setting in OE was. For many other users, on the contrary, it broke the FTP functionnality.
As now it's fixed, you needed to disable the option (I don't know why your hosting does not accept the passive mode, maybe because it's much more burdened with requests).

Good day
D
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 6:06pm
I usually set to none 'cause sometimes lines, if not for/in a company (means: purchased), have problems. So having a pure and direct line is better, and during transfer there is not such danger.... but it depends from the kind of line you are working on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic