BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it possible the header not movable?[SOLVED]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2014 at 1:52pm
openElement does not let to set "fixed" directly, one needs to use a Code Block Source type CSSto apply it where needed (as described in my first reply).

If you publish your website somewhere (temporarily) and send me the link via private message, I can check what's wrong.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 10:56am
"If you publish your website somewhere (temporarily) and send me the link via private message, I can check what's wrong."... I would, but I don't have, at present time, a free space where to try... and as told, they are very afraid to delete something in their actual site.

I found something interesting: about those buttons I made and inserted into the head, I can see only 3 paths. Others are invisible, and also if I checked all 2 times, I can't understand why I can't show them. I made them with "Navigation" --> "Text link", I gave them a color background, well linked (for now only local), locked and visibles. This in the BasedLayer, so it will distribute the set to all pages when I save it. Unfortunatly they don't work... I tried also with the "refresh" command... Why they where visibles before? Do I need something more?
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 11:14am
I can do a thing: I can upload the ziped site (the original rough) somewhere so you can download it and check. It's not so heavy... about 3.3 mb
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 12:38pm
Yes please, I can look into it (maybe not today). You can send the link via private message.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 2:41pm
OK, sended.

I have another little question but it may be you prefere I open another post... in case let it me know.

I have seen there are possbile menus (accordion etc), but I don't see the normal nav bar menu to be applied with the simple click. Is it 'cause it is simple to make it or what? It could be very good adding a clickable link to chose between simple hor. or vert. menu bar... I know it can be done adding code.....

Edited by Bravo12 - Dec 17 2014 at 2:41pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 2:58pm
I think it was not done because the design is very different between projects, unlike vertical lists that are easier to stylize. I wasn't there when those first elements were conceived.. You can use the Group of elements and (if you want auto-adaptive behavior) set it's positioning mode to "relative" (in the Properties), then put links inside.

I will look into your project tonight or tomorrow.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 10:35pm
You said well! --> "I wasn't there when those first elements were conceived" Clap
I found what happened. I used at first the Group elements as header and included the code you wrote; second thing: I prepared text-links, but here was the error... some link was made on the Group elements (it's ok), other links were made on the container and out of Group elements. Those out, were dragged into the header so the result was an error for them. I erased old links and made them again but only on the Group elements and now everything works.
The last problem is how to align the logo in the center of the header 'cause in preview is ok, but when I open the htm page, it goes on a side or the other... (problem of missing rule); it looks bigger than what I prepared (max w 1038).

Question: does every page has to be linked to the BaseLayer (or another hand made layer)? Only to know it...

Well, if you want you can delete that wrong project...

Once again thanks for the help!

Edited by Bravo12 - Dec 17 2014 at 10:36pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2014 at 2:38pm
I loaded your project. In fact it's very simple, as I already suggested briefly:

- Add Group of elements onto your Base Layer (put it somewhere under the existing elements)

- Make it big enough, then put all elements - images, buttons - inside it, so that they are centered inside the Group.

- Put the Group into your "fixed" panel-group, then use right-click or menu Selection on the top to apply Horisontal Centering. Your new Group gets centered inside the "fixed" Group.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2014 at 12:14pm
I had to keep it simple 'cause probably will be maintained by master Danesi.

What you wrote about the centering is what I did, but unfortunatly in the preview I can see it clearly and correct, and when I load the page it becomes different, as you have see from the initial picture. I used "centering H" and "centering V" but it doesn't work with buttons 'cause it moves them to one only position, in the center and one over di other... so I had to calculate by myself. I tried also to create a group of buttons inside the already existent Group of elements (as header) but doesn't work well...
to end the question for the navbar do you think I can use a code like this?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<style>
ul {
    list-style-type: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
}

li {
    float: left;
}

a:link, a:visited {
    display: block;
    width: 120px;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    background-color: #98bf21;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 4px;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

a:hover, a:active {
    background-color: #7A991A;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<ul>
  <li><a href="#home">Home</a></li>
  <li><a href="#news">News</a></li>
  <li><a href="#contact">Contact</a></li>
  <li><a href="#about">About</a></li>
</ul>

</body>
</html>

Thanks again ;-)
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2014 at 12:18pm
You can if you extract what's inside the <head>....</head> and put it into a Code Block (Source) type HTML, and what's inside the <body>....</body> into a Code Block Visual.

As I said, I didn't have particular problems centering your project, as long as you center things manually in the sub-container (Group of element) which, then, you center inside the "fixed" Group (no need to center any element inside the sub-container).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic