BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

upper and footer positions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upper and footer positions
    Posted: May 02 2014 at 3:32am
I noticed that both the upper content area is 8px away from the edge of the screen and the footer is 15px away from the edge of the screen.

there is a method to compensate for this by putting everything in each section in a group of elements (GoE) container.

for the upper content set the GoE's bottom distance to 0px !important and delete the 0px in the top position (since it overwrites the bottom position). Set the height of the GoE to 8px larger than the upper content area, or set it to something like 105%.

for the footer content just keep the top distance at 0px and set it's height to 15px larger than the footers height. or again something like 105% will work here as well.

that all being said, am I missing something here? is there a reason why it is spaced off the edge? it just looks so much nicer when backgrounds go the the edge...  and kind of separate topic, is there a way to create a sticky footer? I've tried common methods but they don't work correctly with how OElement is setup...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 4:04pm
Hi.

I think those margins are left for historical reasons, to help display in the Editor mode. You can overload them (in one of the latest versions) in Styles->Customize for Main Frame style zone, property External Margins: set Left and Right to Auto, and Top to 0 + "Important". I think same works for 15px but I failed to reproduce this issue. Anyway, no need to use Group of Elements for this.

To make background fill all the browser window, you can set it for Page Background style zone.

For the sticky footer, use Elements->More Elements (at the top) -> Sticky float panel element, and set it's property Vertical Position to Bottom.

Good day
D
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:10pm
I used the wrong phrasing for the sticky footer, I meant that no matter the size of the screen the footer will be off the screen or at the bottom of the window even if content does not push it there. so for example: if you zoom way out with your browser (ctrl scroll) the footer would continue to stay at the bottom rather than move up the screen...
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:15pm
I tried using external margins set to 0px !important for index, upper content, and footer but saw no change in the browser, still saw an 8px gap before the page content starts.
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:49pm
to answer my own question about the sticky footer it is really easy... simply create a GoE in your footer and set it's height to 15px larger than footer and set it's position to fixed (using custom class) as well as it's position to bottom: 0px instead of top: 0px
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 8:43am
Thank you for this solution. It is also possible that it may be fixed by applying styles with "Important" to the Main Frame or Footer zones, though I can't confirm it atm..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic