BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elements - Upload File(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elements - Upload File(s)
    Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 12:51am
I would like to use the "Upload File(s)" element. After dragging it onto the page, setting the properties, and then testing it, I would like to know where the file selected is uploaded to. 

Can I designate a particular sub-folder? How?

Can I rename the file from data input by the user?
Tom L
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:04am
Hi Tom,

Thanks for downloading openElement and joining us on the forum. In the ribbon menu, under Project, you can open the Preferences menu.

In the publishing tab, you can specify an Upload folder (default is "Upload"). Not sure there's an option to rename user-uploaded files, but you may be able to find a script online that does just that. If you find out and you need help integrating the script, give us a shout!

Cheers!
RWBB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 5:21pm
Chris,

OK, I verified that "Upload" was specified
as the upload folder and published my test page to my server. The "Publish to Web" worked fine.

I tried the web page and selected a file to upload. I was able to browse my folders and select a file. That is as far as things went. There was no upload action.

Checking the site with an FTP program I verified all the components of the page appeared to be uploaded. There was no "Upload" folder created. A search did not find the file I tried to upload or the folder "Upload" anywhere on the site.

I tried again where I manually created a folder named
"Upload" in the folder containing my page code. No luck.

Any suggestions?
Tom L
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 6:29pm
Hi,

I think you need to use Submit Form element and use your Upload File field with it. In the smallest form, you would need a Submit button, UploadFile field and SubmitForm "masked" element. As a SubmitForm target you can specify the same page.

Please tell if it works.

Good day
D

Edited by Chris OE - Mar 14 2014 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic