BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Banner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banner
    Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:02am
Do you have a banner or a link of some sort so we can give you some credit on our web sites for this wonderful piece of software.
Mick
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:10am
there is an element in the Standard elements section called "Link to Us!" use this like any other visual element to provide OElement credit :). personally I created my own that was more fitting (for my site) that I can share if you'd lik.
You can see it in the bottom right corner of the site lccdicast.org
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 8:35am
Thanks. I have found the link and put it in the footer on my home page. It is different to the one you showed me though. Link to my home page. Smile
Mick
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:07pm
right, that is what I was saying, I am using an Image-link element with those 2 images on it and then linking to their site instead. for the alt text I wrote what is shown on yours.

the second one is for hovering.
Open ElementOpen Element Highlighted
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:14pm
Thanks for the support guys! And congrats on your great websites!

If you want to show your support, you may also share the openElement Facebook page or Retweet content on Twitter. 

And if you have any friends or acquaintances who are in the web space, be sure to mention the software to them.

Last but not least, if you feel comfortable around coding and javascript, consider creating your own Elements using the Element Editor.

All the best!
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:21pm
I am not sure what creating an element entails but I just made a JS that can spin something and hide / show different content.
example use:
when you click the spinner it chooses content at random
when you pick something it shows that content and hides the last content.
It is up and working here Pizza4Dessert.com
now it is working as JS with GoEs with class names on them. what do I do to change it to an element?
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:31pm
Yes I like that one, I will try it out. Thanks

I already have liked the Facebook page but not sure about coding at all, maybe leave it to the younger ones.
Mick
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:57pm
you will want to make that 32px x 32px, it is a little cut off on your site
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:26pm
Thanks, I have it right mow. Took me a while to find all the bits but got there in the end.
Mick
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:45pm
@Gorksmash In the Elements panel on the right, there's a button at the top of the list that says "Create". This will launch the Element Editor. There is also some documentation here: http://wiki.openelement.com/en/index.php?title=Element_Editor

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions on getting started
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic