BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

linking to resources

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSD4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: linking to resources
    Posted: Oct 25 2021 at 9:06pm
Dear community,
What is the method of creating a link [whether text or pictorial] to a folder of files that have been imported to the 'resources' section of a project? On my HDD I have a folder of standalone web pages, with an INDEX.html file containing clickable links to the relevant sub-pages within that folder. I have imported this complete folder into my project's Resources section [as a sub-folder in the 'other' division] but I am unable to find the method of creating a link so that clicking on a text/picture link in my OE project will 'kick' the relevant INDEX file into being displayed. The only options presented  are the OE project's own pages, which is not what I would like to do.
The original folder is not for publication as a standalone, external web entity per se, but is to be published as part of the make-up of the OE Project.
Many thanks
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2021 at 2:20am
Make sure that you imprted all your files in the Files/Other folder.

Drag and drop a link element (text link, image or button) on your page.

Click on the file link

Then select the required file under the Other tab

Edited by Hobby001 - Oct 26 2021 at 2:20am
GSD4ME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSD4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2021 at 4:34pm
Hobby001
Many thanks for the suggestion but in the Link Configuration page I am not presented with a "File" option - I have the "No link", "Javascript" option, and then a list of my project pages. I'll update my OE version and see if that helps [I am using 1.53 R5]
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2021 at 8:53pm
OpenElement 1.57 R9 is way better
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic