BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MailChimp Form integration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MailChimp Form integration
    Posted: Sep 04 2021 at 11:15pm
So you need to use their form then they have to provide a responsive from.

Or to know how to send them the data.  Hoping that they would accept this type of transfer

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2021 at 8:44pm
Fill the form and send the info to MailChimp, so the management of mail lists, GDPR  etc is managed from there.

Not the perfect solution  (at least for me) since one ends giving all the data to a 3rd party, but for the time being, its ok...
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2021 at 8:41pm
Wht is your integration process?
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2021 at 8:25pm
Hi Hobby001

It looks a great design indeed. Unfortunately I think it is not adated to this need, since I need to integrate the form within, etc.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2021 at 5:39pm
At the begining of the pandemic, I created a new element in order to help those that want to display a special message on their site.

The trick is that you design your own form and display it trough the element.  So you decide if it is responsive or not while building it.

You can get the element via my web site: https://denislafrance.net/index.en.htm

Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 04 2021 at 6:28pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2021 at 3:13pm
Hi,
I am preparing a new site to promote a Personal Data Hackathon

I want to integrate a mailchimp suscription form which handles subscriptions, mails etc.
I have tried the integration with a script provided by mailchimp of a floating form

<script id="mcjs">!function(c,h,i,m,p){m=c.createElement(h),p=c.getElementsByTagName(h)[0],m.async=1,m.src=i,p.parentNode.insertBefore(m,p)}(document,"script","https://chimpstatic.com/mcjs-connected/js/users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.js");</script>

As you can see in my Test Site the from"floats" well,  but it is too big and takes too much space... (in the mobile it takes all the space)

Does OE have a similar floating form, customizable, that I can integrate into the templates ? (the site is originally based in the sensode black template)

PS: Any suggestions on how to reach potential interested parties of participating in the Hackathon will be more than welcome. I will be sending a mailing by September 15th.

Edited by WattJet - Sep 04 2021 at 8:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic