BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Language driven CSS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Language driven CSS
    Posted: Apr 18 2021 at 12:04pm
Thanks so much for that Hobby001. The issue is now solved

I think I have only 2 glitches left

a) How do I assign a Base Layer to a Page? Now I have two pages (What We Do and Contact) that are running the What We Do Layer. How do I assign the contact page to the contact layer?

b) In the slider of the home page (spanish), I have a size/language related issue. Spanish needs articles and that forces a new line in the senteces and the 2nd line appears slightly cut. How can I enlarge the boxes to allow that 2nd line? (since I will have also this problem with the french version that I will also include)
Any guidance will be welcome

c) And a similar but reverse one is in the spanish version of Services. Two title boxes are three lines and the 3rd one is two lines. I have tried to add a line in between or include spaces in the text but it does not work. How can I enlarge that 3rd box to become a 3 line and level the pictures below?

Edited by WattJet - Apr 18 2021 at 12:22pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:

Thanks so much for that Hobby001. The issue is now solved

If you want to thank me, put only one question by post Wink

I think I have only 2 glitches left

a) How do I assign a Base Layer to a Page? Now I have two pages (What We Do and Contact) that are running the What We Do Layer. How do I assign the contact page to the contact layer?

The layer is assigned to the page or to another layor

You can combine layers by assining the base layer to a second layer and then assign the second layer to your page, therfore the two layers will apply to this page

b) In the slider of the home page (spanish), I have a size/language related issue. Spanish needs articles and that forces a new line in the senteces and the 2nd line appears slightly cut. How can I enlarge the boxes to allow that 2nd line? (since I will have also this problem with the french version that I will also include)
Any guidance will be welcome

The box size is set under style/customize and changes according to screen size.  It is media-queries driven.

There is no language driven CSS option with OE.  You can create your own using javascript.  

The box size being driven by the screen size, changing it would not be a good idea. Enlarging it woud cause some issues.

I would build something that resizes the font size according to language and make sure that it applies to each box on a specific language.

c) And a similar but reverse one is in the spanish version of Services. Two title boxes are three lines and the 3rd one is two lines. I have tried to add a line in between or include spaces in the text but it does not work. How can I enlarge that 3rd box to become a 3 line and level the pictures below?

Edited by Hobby001 - Apr 18 2021 at 1:32pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2021 at 10:45pm
Will do! only one question per entry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic