BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Page with Password - Issues with UserSpace01 Pack
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Page with Password - Issues with UserSpace01 Pack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Page with Password - Issues with UserSpace01 Pack
    Posted: Sep 09 2020 at 7:10pm
I tried to use the UserSpace01 Pack to create a page with password, and I do not understand how it works.

Objective:
The objective is that the normal site will have free access, and there will be one page with restricted access that will require a password. There will be no registration of users. Just a common password to access for everyone.

There will be no link in the free access site to the restricted access section. Thus the link to that "private" part of the site will be given directly to users (email, etc)

Issues encountered:

#50 pack is the one that protects a page, but it requires two administration pages
  • #10 pack: Administration page. It creates another page with a different password for the administrator and a database (I presume to contain user data)
  •  #20 pack: a login page: that requires to include a user name and password (Wiki says that user should not be left blank since it will take the email address by default, causing problems with spam etc.
From what I saw the login page is a full page and one cannot have just a little pop up form that appears in the page before showing the content.
These two pages are created in different parts of the project and only when they are working well, one can install the #50 pack with the access control.

Is it really that complicated? Did I understand it wrongly? If not, is there any other more simple tool available?

Thanks for any guidance

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2020 at 9:14pm
Under the Packs tab, UserSpace01, you will find a link to Wiki help, make sure to read it.

There is a simplified automatic installation command that you can use.

Once the installation is completed and uploaded to the server, connect to the new user page and create a new user.

On your video page, drag and drop pack 50.  Upload it to the server.

Every attempt to open the video page will be redirected to the login page if the visitor is not allready logged in.  Once logged, the user is redirected to the targeted page.  

If the user is already logged in, he will have direct access to the page.

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 6:52pm
Hi again,
I followed carefully the instructions in the wiki.
I created the Admin page manually, moved pack #10 and the automatic process installed all the pages. I configured the Admin password, I doubled cliked on the database and then I published.
but I could not do anything else.

I inserted the pack #50 and is now installed in the non visual elements but I have unencumbered access to the videopage

PS:To avoid long upload time I changed the video for an image until it works.
After the installation, the project files are organized as follows:

Root
  • Database
  • Layers
  • MDMG-V[folder]
    • Admin-3[page]
    • Video[page]
      •  ( image)
  • oe-users[folder]
    • user-login(connect)-v1
    • user -new -account-v1
    • user -profile -edit-v1

• scrolltop[folder]
  • Home[homepage]
  • Actualites[page]

Edited by WattJet - Sep 10 2020 at 6:54pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 7:40pm
Hi,

Don't loose patience, I just ran the installation to make sure it works.

Username: hobby001
Password:  hobby001

This is how it should work.

I will review the installation procedure with you

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 7:46pm
Yes, it is exactly how I would like it to work.
The access is limited and then there is no straightforward way to download the video

Shall I de-install all the elements I included?

Edited by WattJet - Sep 10 2020 at 7:49pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 7:51pm
Let's start with the packs implementation

1. With openElement
    1. Click on the automated implementation
    2. I use to select detailed installation and change the four pages name to make them easier to type.
    3. Add a basic password to the Admin account: admin123
    4. Add a noreply@yourDomainName sender email address
    5. finish the install
    6. Preview the admin page and close it.
    7. Upload your site to you host
  2. With your favourite browser
    1. Open the hosted admin page and change the password for something more secured
    2. Open the hosted new user page
    3. Create a new user with your own email
    4. When you receive the confirmation email, click on the link and login as this new user.
  3. With OpenElement
    1. Open the page to be protected
    2. Add pack 50, it will prompt to confirm the change into a php page
    3. Save it
    4. Upload this protected page
  4. With your favourite browser
    1. Open the hosted protected page, you should be redirected to the login page
    2. Once logged-in you should be redirected to the protected page.

Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 10 2020 at 8:02pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:

Yes, it is exactly how I would like it to work.
The access is limited and then there is no straightforward way to download the video

Shall I de-install all the elements I included?

I suggest that you start with a new packs installation on a cleaned site.  If you can restore your site from a pre-packs install backup it would be nicer.
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 8:07pm
Yes, I am doing that now.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 8:13pm
If you want to limit the creation of new users, you can use pack 50 on the new user page and make sure that only the admin can use it.

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 8:17pm
Where should I add the  noreply@yourDomainName sender email address?There was no prompt to do so.
Otherwise, the page looks good and the three pages are already installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic