BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Create a page with password and video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2020 at 11:11pm
So, I tried the following two avenues for this subdirectory subdomain issue.

Before that, I'll describe how are the files organized:

The main project (based on sensodeblack template) is saved under one folder that has all the files, pages (Home, actualites, FAQ,) etc.

Within that folder, I created another folder (Video). Within the Video folder, I placed the page "Video", which was cloned from the actualites page.  Within the Video page, I installed the HTML5 adaptatif  element.  I have tried this page within oe and it works perfectly.

If one goes to the windows file explorer one can see that the project has all the folders (Backup, Common, Data, Files, Garbage, scrolltop,Templates, WEFiles) AND the new folder Video that I created. The video folder has only the .htm files for the different languages, Video(var).js; Video(var).php; Video.css;Video.dat

I have already a subdomain (mdmgvideo.mydatamygain.com) that is pointed to the subdirectory in the server "/*****/Video".  I have verified with my hosting provider that the subdomain is well pointed to the subdirectory.

If I type in the browser: mdmgvideo.mydatamygain.com I get the Error 403 forbidden error
If I type in the browser: https://www.mdmgvideo.mydatamygain.com I get a caution security risk message

My hosting provider says that although the subdomain is well pointed, the fact that in that folder/subdirectory there is no index.htm file makes it impossible to work.

Any guidance on how to continue?

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2020 at 11:24pm
If you try https://www.mdmgvideo.mydatamygain.com/Video.htm, you get a security error message because you don't have an ssl certificate associated with it.  

Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 07 2020 at 11:26pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2020 at 11:26pm
Yes, that is right, but if I type mdmgvideo.mydatamygain.com, it shows me access forbidden because it does not find the index files.
I have ssl for the domain, but not for the subdomain.

Edited by WattJet - Sep 07 2020 at 11:28pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2020 at 11:26pm
http://www.mdmgvideo.mydatamygain.com/Video.htm gives you direct access to it
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2020 at 11:46pm
I try to type http (without the "s", but all my browsers -firefox, edge, chrome- try to access https, and I get security error

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2020 at 1:03am
Right, I could access once, now I can't
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2020 at 1:06am
The suggestion on stackoverflow was talking about a subdirectory, not a sub domain.  

Why did you choose to use a subdomain?

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2020 at 2:29am
Finally I could make some tests on this solution and could not make it work.

The htaccess stuff prevent from playing the video but not to download it
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2020 at 2:34am
I found another solution to prevent download:

Add the following code in an html code block in header position

<body oncontextmenu="return false;">

And protect your page with a password by using the packs as I mentioned earlier
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2020 at 2:48am
After more readings I<m not sure on how much it protect

You have to do your own search
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic