BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed(Mobile) website zoomed out on Iphone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Mobile) website zoomed out on Iphone
    Posted: Aug 28 2020 at 10:18pm
Thanks for the feed back

CableDomain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2020 at 12:11am
Well a big thank you. A definite help for sure. 

I will also keep in mind the paid help for future assistance as we may have a couple of more complex sites coming up that we will have a budget to build. 
New to Open editor- Like it though!
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 11:56pm
I am a retired person.  I voluntarily help on this forum, for the fun of it.  

Sometimes someone needs deeper help then I charge for it but most of the time I simply do it for free.

I truly encourage users with self initiative and users that do their homework to learn about OE before asking questions.

You came in with a link to your site and a well documented precise question.  That's why I could answer that easy.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 10:22pm
Clap

Looks like that fixed it well enough- a little weird on various size phones but that's the fixed width not the code you made. 

Thanks allot- your better than paid support. 

By the way I am a manager at a software and telecom company (we do all kinds of stuff) if this project ever needs any help (I am mostly on the corporate side of things- not so much code) I'd be happy to help out in whatever way is needed. 

It seems like a great project you have going here- Couldn't ask for more for free! 
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 10:44am
By the way, you are not far from creating a responsive version that would adapt to any cell phone.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 10:29am
Hi,

Try adding the following code into an html code block in header position

<meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no, width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 6:28am
Hello, 

I am new to Open Element and this form- So let me know if this is in the wrong place!

Let me give a short background on what I am trying to do. 

I am making a full website (from ground up custom) Non responsive pages are fine with the design we are using, But we do need a mobile optimized version of the site. So my plan is to build two totally separate sites and host one at the subdomain mobile.ourdomain.com- Which is fairly par for the course. Our DNS server will be doing the user-agent selection and sending the client either to the desktop or mobile site without any server logic so the websites just need to display static (IE they don't need to do anything but look pretty)

(also keep in mind, It is still a work in progess, so any dead links, etc are not "issues" perse, but rather just not done yet."

So far for the 5 hrs I've been using OE its been great, but I am running into the issue that even though I have my mobile version of the site fixed at 420Px wide it seems to be rendering very zoomed out on an iphone.  If you go to mobile.middlesexbroadband.com (that sub domain specifically as anything else on that domain is not OE made) it seems to render very small on phones, but fine on a desktop pc. 

I'm more or less stumped why this is- I should preface this by saying although I have been in I.t. for quite some time- I am not by any-means a coder so just keep that in mind if the fix is right in-front of me. 

I look forward to any help you can offer- 
Also to the admins/programmers: Great job, I really like the software, considering this is the first issue I am having 5 hrs into it having never used it before I'd say good job!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic