BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Index. will not load properly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zflash7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Index. will not load properly
    Posted: Jul 15 2020 at 11:53pm
Hi Im new. So I changes servers and now am using hpanel again, they migrated my website. I downloaded Openelement, a new fresh look. it all went well till it didnt. I then reset the server. Uploaded  my new shiny website.. Big smile... 3 days later I'm still trying to get the index to open correctly.. its all messed up like there is no style..Ouch.. I have reloaded it many times and even used the professional mode.. Embarrassed.. now thats was funny. still no index. yes I changed the htm... to html.. and when I mess up the index.html... to index.h the index of my site comes up and when I click on a page it all works well including the index.html though for a front page (index of... ) it looks crappy? any sugestions...
ever learning...
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 1:43am
First thing, configure your hosting service to select htm files first

Second, never rename any OE file

Third give us a link to your site so we can see it to start
zflash7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zflash7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 3:22am
first .. I appreciate your help ..second..dont knock my site please.. third...www.zflash7.com ... configure my host.. OK I'll try that..  under file index manager. it has 4 options. default system. fancy indexing. no index and standard indexing (file name only).

Host....... has a tutorial to set up .htaccess file I tried that.. first html.. htm... php.. nothing still the same mixed up index page.

Edited by zflash7 - Jul 16 2020 at 6:14am
ever learning...
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 8:48am
Originally posted by zflash7 zflash7 wrote:

first .. I appreciate your help ..second..dont knock my site please.. third...www.zflash7.com 

I do not judge site content.

configure my host.. OK I'll try that..  under file index manager. it has 4 options. default system. fancy indexing. no index and standard indexing (file name only).

Host....... has a tutorial to set up .htaccess file I tried that.. first html.. htm... php.. nothing still the same mixed up index page.

You may ask to your hosting service support.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 8:51am

I mess up the index.html... to index.h the index of my site comes up and when I click on a page it all works well including the index.html though for a front page (index of... ) it looks crappy? any sugestions...

Are you saying that your site does not look the same after being published on the host?
zflash7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zflash7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 9:06am
all the pages work only the index has no style... it all bunches up the top of the page... I just deleted all the items in index on openElement and uploaded and kept one word on the index page... at least the others still work. 

ever learning...
zflash7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zflash7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 10:05am
Just re uploaded the whole site... chrome has the index all bunched up... but edge works fine.. I never use edge..
OMG... the whole site works on edge.. I give up... its my chrome... must have to reset it.. hey thanks for .... the simple things in life.. 

ever learning...
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 9:17pm
My up to date chrome version:

Google Chrome est à jour
Version 84.0.4147.89 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 10:38pm
"chrome has the index all bunched up..."

I do not understand.
How can a browser (any browser) 'bunch up' the index?
What do you mean by 'bunched up'?

To create an absolutely clean website, I propose an *Export to Folder*.
The credentials should/nust be exactly as in *Publish to Web* -
Project * Preferences * Configuration.
Check whether it's working locally.
Then clear the Domain to the blank content, no content at all.
And finally upload the complete project from recent exported folder (filezilla).

Reminder:
Whenever you create a next *Export to Folder*, it will create an new folder,
incrementially upcounting the folder-number.
Leaving any existing folder untouched.
Be careful to take the recent creation.

Means also, occasionally you would have to clean those folders manually.
And -important!- also clean the ByteBucket/RecycleBin manually.
Or your C:-drive will be full someday.
That is normal windows behaviour.

The exported folders are located in
C:\Users\yourname\Documents\openElement

There is also a remote condition, if the provider delays to activate the uploaded data.
That may take 10 minutes. It's named *virtual cache* or something like that.
That needs your contact with the provider, to instantly enable the uploaded version.
It usually requires some special entry in .htaccess.
You would abandon the possibility to retard/correct a wrong version.

Edited by digizar - Jul 18 2020 at 1:26pm
zflash7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zflash7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2020 at 8:51am
Digizar, it was chrome cache.. I re set chrome and it all works fine..I re set everything... re uploaded everything..  even downloaded a new OpenElement.. its all good... Yes I'm sure there is a simpler way, but at the moment "if it aint broke dont fix it.." 
ever learning...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic