BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how do I delete HOMEPAGE and make a NEW ONE ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do I delete HOMEPAGE and make a NEW ONE ?
    Posted: Jun 24 2020 at 11:21pm
HI-
Just started using OE have watch videos.  None of them tell me how to delete HOMEPAGE and make a new one.

Option to DELETE is greyed out.  if I deleted in FOLDER will that keep me from making a NEW  HOME PAGE?

mY ISSUE is.... i have a BASE for all my pages and the BASE layer will not populate the HOMEPAGE.

THANKS!!!!
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 12:19am
Create a new page and save it

In the site Explorer right click on the new page and select "Switch with home page"
SOUL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 1:26am
thank YOU.

great to know! I wasn't comfortable using the CHOICE without knowing what is would do.  LOL.

figured out -- I was not SEEING >base layout as I had started creating page on HOME PAGE and that work was COVERING the BASE LAYER "stuff".

Fingured that out by deleting what I originaly cteated in HOME PAGE before I learned about BASE LAYER.

WHEW!

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 10:18am
Layers are usefull to create standards for your site.  Put in your layers whatever you want to use on many pages.

Layers can be attached to pages and layers

For example: Base layor attached to Menu layor and menu layor attached to all pages.  This way you have only one menu to manage for all your site.

You can use layers to share code, and elements.
SOUL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 6:23pm
THANKS for reminder about layers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic