BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensode Black 2nd page into blog possible?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensode Black 2nd page into blog possible?
    Posted: Jun 21 2020 at 9:59am
Hi, I am using sensoblack template.

My idea was to keep the structure of the home page as it is ( HOME-ABOUT-NEWS-GALLERY-CONTACT), but to extend the 2nd page (actualites) as a blog.

As a result, the home page would have still the same 3 snippets w pictures of the recently published news, but the actual news page would have an undefined number of news/blog entries)

If it is possible, could you give me a succinct roadmap on how to proceed?

if someone has tried it, did you find any particular difficulties / problems in the usage?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me

Edited by WattJet - Jun 21 2020 at 11:26am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2020 at 12:41pm
A blog is some kind of feature requires a database to collect and manage the information plus the use of php for security reasons.  What is your level of comfort with SQL and PHP?
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2020 at 4:39pm
Hi Hobby,
Thanks of replying.

Rather than "level of comfort", I would define it as "level of pain". Long time ago I did SQL. Nothing of PHP.

I want a very simple mechanism for a blog.... just a way to make a succession of articles  scroll down. There will be little participation/interaction in it from third parties since for that purpose I will create a Forum for the next stages of the project

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2020 at 4:58pm
I know that nico38 (french forum) created a blog template but I think that it is a full template not an element to add to your site.

You may see if it serve your needs and if it may be added into an iframe as I did for OpenCart here: 

Edited by Hobby001 - Jun 21 2020 at 4:59pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2020 at 9:04am
So, just as a thought process

The  structure of "Actualites" (2nd page of Sensode Black) is formed by :
- a top panel,
- three panels for news (FENETRE MODAL_#)  1 to 3
- Contact panel

Would there be any problem in  replicating the FENETRE MODAL component up to 12 units?  I will keep the size of the posts discrete as it is now (250 words +/-) and a picture, as it is now. Could this work?

With that approach, making two entries a week I could have a blog for 6 weeks. After that time I could duplicate another "actualites" page, (i.e. actualites_2) accessible only from the previous one or from the direct links to any of the news entr¡es contained in it. 

If this could work I could set the number of articles to the recommended size/weight of the page to streamline its use.

This approach could give me the 6 months I need for this project, and ensure that I maintain the traffic in my site without depending on 3rd party platforms with adds, lots of other links etc.

I do know that with a wordpress blog I would get much more potential in SEOs etc and in theory more organic traffic.... but I trust more in pushing the organic traffic by other social media and referrals rather than a s result from SEO

Any input will be most welcome

Thanks

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2020 at 10:57am
You can do it but make sure to maintain the sequence while copying the 3 three elements

Anchor, FENETRE_MODAL_# and cadre#

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2020 at 7:08pm
Hi again,

I advanced in the idea and tested it up to 12 news and it seems to work pretty well.

I need however to "revert" the order of publication... the last at the top and changing the order works -overall- too, but I am stuck however with a glitch...

As you mention, each NEWS entry has three components Anchor (news#), FENETRE_MODAL_# and cadre#..... but the first entry has no anchor.

When I reverted the order -just changed position of  NEWS01 to NEWS03- everything works except the anchor.  I renamed the previous anchor(news3) to anchor(news1), which worked well too.
However, when I try to create the new anchor(news3) -which will be now place on top, where there was no anchor-  I get an error message "this anchor name already exists in the page"

I went several times through the hole page and I did not find it. I also went through the page dictionary and it does not appear there.

So, I have two questions:

- Do I need an anchor at the top of the page (this is, when I publish NEWS4, 5, etc, the last entry on top will not have any anchor as the original template?

- Regardless of the previous question, How do I look for an element name that I cannot find?

Any guidance will be most welcome

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 12:22am
You have to go trough your page and select each ancho and verify it's name

Make sure to save your page after each anchor rename
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 1:36am
I have reviewed all the anchor names and they are ok.... and still cannot find anchor 3

Is there any way to "parse" the page to look for it?

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 5:29pm
I went trough your project, renamed all anchors several times without issues.

Simply took the time to save the page after changing an anchor's name and prior to rename another one.  OE uses some databases that updates at this point.

If you still experience the same issue, try Project->Preferences->Maintenance Tab->Rebuild Pages and Web Site Link map.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic