BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensode Black 2nd page into blog possible?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2020 at 12:09pm
Many thanks!
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:
b)   Maximum size of the page: As said, charging time is ok.  Most of the viewers will access directly one of the news  visitors mostly access last published news and some “laggards” access directly the previous one. Few people scroll down.  So the question is, how big/long/many entries  should I set as maximum before considering the creation of another page? (i.e Actualites 2)

Originally posted by WattJet Hobby001 wrote:
The larger the page is, the longer it takes to load to load.  The rest is yours. You may split it into more than one page as you wish.  You may group these news by type or subject.

Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:  REPLY
Ok, so if I split it and cut just by chronological order (newest top)  Is there a way to make that by scrolling down to the bottom of the newest page (Actualites 2), it  automatically opens at the top the oldest page (Actualites 1)?

And the other way around? Scrolling to the top of Actualites 1  leads you to the bottom of the newest page (actualites 2)

Edited by WattJet - Aug 22 2020 at 12:24pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2020 at 2:06pm
I would simply add a previous and a next button

Otherwise it might be possible with js code but unless you find it on the WEB someone needs to spent time to write it.

Edited by Hobby001 - Aug 22 2020 at 2:08pm
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2020 at 5:53pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2020 at 4:52pm
Hi again, 

I tested the button and duplicating the actualits, and it all works well.

The question to solve is what happens with 3rd party links to previous posts entries.

I have now 11 entries in the same actualites page. Each of them is based on the sequence
  • news#XX
  • FENETRE_MODAL_XX
  • cadre_XX
The external links (facebook & LinkedIn) are pointing the anchors (e.g https://mydatamygain.com/actualites.htm#newsXX). This links are fixed and I cannot change them.

So, if I now duplicate the page and make a new "actualites2", and continue replicating  the same sequence above, all new links will be https://mydatamygain.com/actualites2.htm#newsXX)

The point is that I'd like to move 2 or 3 entries from the existing page to the new one to reduce users downloading time and make it more user friendly. Iis there any way to move some of the older entries to the page actualites2 and make the old links point to the new page?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2020 at 7:52pm
I'm afraid that you will have to do it manually
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2020 at 8:08pm
I'm afraid I did not explain myself

I have no problem to move them manually, but if I change some news of page, the link will point to another page. For instance:

http://bit.ly/3miRTy0MDMG will direct to  https://MDMG.com/actualites.htm#news11  but if I move this post to another page https://MDMG.com/actualites2.htm#news11
then the link will not work

I can edit and modify my links on bit.ly, but I cannot do anything about the links published in facebook or LinkedIn.

Is there anyway to redirect from the site from one page to another?

Edited by WattJet - Nov 18 2020 at 8:52pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2020 at 11:19am
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2020 at 2:33pm
From what I have seen, all instructions refer to redirecting to pages, directories etc.

In my case, the links direct to specific anchors within pages, so I am not sure it will work.... I think I will focus in prepare grounds for next posts, and investigate more on redirection after.

For this i I will duplicate the actualites page, and include new posts in the new actualites2 and include the "next" button as covered in previous posts.

Since actualites is working well without glitches,  is there any way that I can keep the whole structure in actualites2 as it is (10 entries) but that that I can "switch off"  the unused sets of  "news#-FENETRE_MODAL#_cadre#"  and only "switch on" when the new text & image is added?.

I know that I can copy & paste, but making the anchor work in the desired way takes some time at every new post

Thanks again for all your help

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2020 at 8:22pm
Continuing with the previous post, I would like to achieve three things

a) duplicate the "actualites page", and include new posts in the new actualites2. Include the "next" and "Previous" buttons as covered in previous posts. Done

b) Move some of the published posts from the old page to the new one to reduce the size of the old page and ease downloading. Done

c) Redirect external links from the old page to the new page.

I tried to follow the instructions of the page you indicated.  All are related to redirecting complete files, pages, URL to or from other pages or URL. There is one example on how to redirect a gif file to another site, but there is nothing to redirect from a section of a file (e.g. .......htm#news11 or to another section in a different file

I tried modifying the .htaccess file including the following

#FreeScript
Redirect /actualites.htm#news9  /actualites2.htm#news9
Redirect /actualites.htm#news10  /actualites2.htm#news10
Redirect /actualites.htm#news11  /actualites2.htm#news11

It id not work at all

d) Leave the structure of the new page ready so that I only need to enter the text/image of the new posts/entries

Regardless whether or not I manage to redirect those entries, I'd like to leave the page completely ready and "open/switch on" each section "news#-FENETRE_MODAL#_cadre#" once they are ready to be published.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks again for any guidance

Edited by WattJet - Sep 14 2020 at 10:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic